beer bottle bomber lottery idea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tripplehazzard

Reaction score
Thinking about starting a bomber lottery.20 participants. One winner. Everyone puts one bomber up for the lottery. Everyone must have 100 posts and be a 3 month member. Thread starter cannot win first round. Name drawn via YouTube video? Just to be fair. We will try to get brews the winner cannot get. Bombers only! ... after the recip gets there beer it will start over
Winner is now king of the thread and cannot win back to back. Then fcfs. 2o more people. Same if you respond in enough time
... anymore ideas?. .... could this work?

Yes sir! So they would be getting 2o separate boxes .. that's the only thing I see that might be a problem .. .. but it would be funny! Hahaha

A cigar forum I used to go to did something similar. The setup was there would be a pool of 7 people. Each would get 5 randomly assigned numbers, from 1-35. On the first Saturday of every month, the person with the number matching the Powerball number drawn that night would be the winner and the other 6 people would send them a random 5 pack of cigars. It was pretty fun and since everyone knows their numbers ahead of time and it's based on the Powerball drawing there's no way to claim bias.

Sounds like fun. 20 might be a lot, but I think my carrier can handle it :p

Just set up a good trading system with some buddies or fellow beer "nerds."

I could see this getting to be a nightmare. Oh, sorry, I'm really broke right now and can't send you a bottle. Or getting year old IPAs/cheap easy to find beer. I only say this because these are actual examples of something that happened when others I know tried it.

Now, my buddy started a facebook page for South Shore Massachusetts beer trading. Its working amazing. People just post what they have or want or where something rare is and the rest is done on your own with the fellow trader. Several breweries are now getting involved and there is just an amazing assortment of beer out there to get. Maybe try something similar with a beer lottery facebook page but I would be wary of people who's only intent is to win and not send anything.

Just set up a good trading system with some buddies or fellow beer "nerds."

I could see this getting to be a nightmare. Oh, sorry, I'm really broke right now and can't send you a bottle. Or getting year old IPAs/cheap easy to find beer. I only say this because these are actual examples of something that happened when others I know tried it.

Now, my buddy started a facebook page for South Shore Massachusetts beer trading. Its working amazing. People just post what they have or want or where something rare is and the rest is done on your own with the fellow trader. Several breweries are now getting involved and there is just an amazing assortment of beer out there to get. Maybe try something similar with a beer lottery facebook page but I would be wary of people who's only intent is to win and not send anything.

Ill be checking that out. :) thank you! I have done a few trades and thought this would be a good addition to the many types of trade forums in here. Thanks for the feedback.

Back