Beer and Board games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funkapottomous

Reaction score
do you like beer? Of course you do!

Do you like board games? probably!

Why the hell aren't you watching beer and board games? Why are you yelling at me, please just stop yelling I'll do it, I'll watch it oh god.

I discovered this little gem on youtube a while back. It's from the same guys who do that "Chad Vader: day shift manager" series.

Anyway, a bunch of marginally funny guys get together and play board games and get drunk and more funny. And there are special guests and impressions and all kinds of hilarity. They do a live stream and then compress it down into about 11 minutes of funny.

I don't know why I'm advertising for them, I've just been watching the hell out of it because I work a job where sometimes all you can do to stay awake is watch youtube.

Anybody else watch?
What are your favorite games at the moment?

We've been getting a kick out of cards against humanity lately, but the old standard for us is Settlers of Catan. Or Empire Builder...

Play every thurs night... Just grabbed rampage and played a few weeks ago, a lot if fun, kids like it as well. If you don't have it get king of Tokyo, love letter, Manhattan project, bang dice and space cadets... Few of my favorites from the last few sessions. Love letter is so simple yet great game for less than $10. Eldrich horror and suburbia are on my short list to buy. If you can find it, out of print, epic spell wars is.amazing.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Home Brew mobile app

Ever played the board game PassOut? Funny as hell. One I can heartily recommend while drinking is called Redneck Life. You need a couple of hours to play but you will hurt yourself laughing, especially if you play with a fun group. The player with the most teeth at the end wins.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Home Brew mobile app

Chad Vader hah. I have watched it a few times and it is pretty fun to watch.

If you like Beer and Board Games, then I would suggest you keep an eye on my project Brewin' USA at http://www.brewinusa.com. The game is about becoming the best craft brewery at the start of the "Craft Beer Revolution". Being a home brewer, this is something I always wanted to make. If you want to stay updated then feel free to stay in touch via FB or enter your email at the bottom of the page. Cheers!

Cards Against Humanity is kind of funny but it gets pretty boring JMO after some time. I love board games most don't that I hang out with.

CAH is awesome. They do need to come up with new cards all the time though. I hear there are quite a number of homemade custom decks. I bet some of those are pretty good.

I've spent so many evenings playing Apples to Apples or CAH that I can't stand to even think of playing either one of them again. I'll admit, it's probably just me though. Somehow others never seem to tire of them.

I've spent so many evenings playing Apples to Apples or CAH that I can't stand to even think of playing either one of them again. I'll admit, it's probably just me though. Somehow others never seem to tire of them.

CAH gets old fast our group played it for a couple nights then we gave up on it. Getting Pitchcar and The Cave this week... both look great.

Some games we like in our house:
Settlers of Catan
Stone Age (by Hans Gluck)
Dominion

I am not sure if Stone Age is still in print (a friend gave it to us), but it is good. It is a bit like Settlers. Dominion is a little bit like Magic the Gathering but without creatures or up front deck building (deck mutates during play).

I like to mix it up and use the CAH cards with games like pictionary or charades or something similar.

Loaded questions is fun though you kinda need to know the people you are playing against.

Me and my girl play Ticket to ride and Acquire once in a while. I have the USA and Marklin versions. Great game. I need to join a group. I love to play but I move around a lot and I don't have a crew of friends to play with. It sounds like this thread is mostly party games and not euro games like TTR.

Back