Bars, Pubs & Taverns you don’t want to lose

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob_Marley

Reaction score
We all remember bars, pubs and taverns that we were sad to see go away.

For those establishments still around, there are likely some that you suspect that like the others might be at risk ... or at least remind you of those sorts of places that end up "truly good and truly gone" .

Whether in appreciation or maybe even to drum up some business for them ... what establishment would you nominate for a mention?

I would like to mention the Elmhurst Tap Room, in Dearborn Michigan ... I don't know that they are at risk right now ... but I'd sure hate to see them go.

http://elmhursttaproom.com/home.html

Established in 1948, great atmosphere & food, great staff and old-fashioned service. And a really great “New York Style” no-tomato-sauce, white pizza.
One of the best bars around for a pizza and pitcher of beer with the SWMBO. Also known for their seafood and especially their mussels in wine. A destination worth traveling for.

images

Local taproom.
Central Flats & Taps
Pretty laid back. Not pretentious. Shows sports. Decent High Grav selection.

536988_118529814943952_100003608023475_84564_1317736189_n.jpg

I am still looking for my local Cheer's (while on TV) style hunker down bar. I know this is not following the heart of the thread, but I think any bar that is staffed by friendly (not overly busy) bartenders who you can establish a relationship with and staff, has decent nibbles and some good beers available while not being packed to the gills with loud people all of the time deserve to be put on this list. Decent prices are always a positive.

Great thread idea, this list can be a great resource especailly when fellow HBTers go a travelling.

Anymore, my favorite place to go is Lefty's Lobster and Chowder House in Addison(north Dallas area). The beer selection isn't all that, but the mixed drinks are strong, the food is absolutely delicious and everyone at the bar usually knows each other.

There used to be another place we hung out at, Addison Point, when it was a dark, smoke filled sports type bar with good food. It has since been lost to new owners who brightened the place up, tore out the booths, and turned it into a karaoke bar with mediocre food. The only good thing they did was to improve the beer selection with some local offerings.

Back