Awesome NYC beer places?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonnyRoos

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Long time homebrewer, first time NYC visitor.
I would love some tips on places that we should visit, could be breweries or bars having local brews available.

Hope to hear from you all!:mug:

If you're planning a visit to Brooklyn, Brooklyn Brewery is a great spot. Lots of bars and good places to eat within walking distance too.

Hi guys!

We're staying in Manhattan but we're likely to head on out to Brooklyn for at least one day to visit some breweries/taprooms.

Would be nice to find a good taproom in Manhattan too though, was looking at the Barcade for instance. Any good?

There is a Belgian beer place somewhere up there. I'll see if I can find the name, but I hear it's great (if you like Belgian beer).

If you like German beer gardens the Hofbräu Bierhaus on 3rd Ave is a lot of fun - the have traditional eats plus the huge steins of brew (they even have the boot glasses).

The Belgian Beer Cafe NoMad (near Madison Square Park) is also really nice, I used to work close by. The food is a bit pricey but it's definitely worth a visit, great beer list. www.bbcnomad.com/

Have a great visit!

I took a brewery tour in Brooklyn a couple of years ago, it included Brooklyn Brewery, a craft beer bar, a brewing history with visits to former breweries (outside only, as most are other businesses now) even a church which had held a basement brewery. I booked it through Viator. If the weather is good you might consider it.

Manhattan Bars:
As Is
Pony Bar
Ginger Man
Blind Tiger
Rattle & Hum
Proletariat
One Mile House
Fools Gold

Brooklyn Bars:
Torst
Brouwerij Lane
Cardiff Giant

NYC-area Breweries:
Other Half
Singlecut
Finback
Interboro
Greenpoint
Threes
Barrier
Sand City

I second Fools Gold on E. Houston St. Nice selection of beers - had my first Hill Farmstead there and an excellent Banh Mi sandwich.

I don't know where your coming from but if your doing a one time trip to NYC I find it highly unlikely your makin it to Brooklyn...but.... you never know.
When you start feelin the pain of NYC prices head to Rudy's. Cool Dive bar near Times Square with $8 pitchers. Theres a pig statue in front.
Mcsorleys is worth a stop. It was the last Gentlemans club in NYC way back when. They a serve light and dark beer, that's it, served in mugs 5 in one hand by the bartender
Theres a couple tourist traps like an ice bar and a speak easy called No Tell. You enter through a telephone booth from the hot dog place next door. Worth stopping in for one drink for the experience...aint cheap...need a reservation

I've been to NYC a couple times and will be going back again at the end of the month.

First off, Torst. Draft menu is on the site. It's a MUST. http://www.torstnyc.com/

Also can't remember the address but the Whole Foods near Central Park usually has an awesome tap list as well. They even had Bourbon County bottles. I had Pirate Paradise and a bunch of great sours on tap last time I went there. Also a food recommendation if you're interested, Dinosaur BBQ is the greatest and although the tap list is nothing like the above places, it never disappoints.

Latest posts

Back