Autum Beer...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewStooge

Reaction score
Greetz all, wow it's been a while but with vacation and a bit of a brewing binge (looking at my profile I haven't updated in probably 3 batches or more) the month slipped away.

Well the fermenters are full, as are most of the bottles for now, and all is good in brew land, particularly liking the latest batch with the peppers in it. Looking at the horizon though the next challenge is always out there and I thought perhaps I might get some inspiration from a few creative souls here. Since my next brew is a couple weeks out, it stands to reason I'm looking at somewhere in late September to October for it to complete. Generally, keeping with the season I'd like to do something on the mid/dark side, sort of crisp, a bit dry, but then again there's a lot of sweet taste involved too.

Anyhow, anyone have some ideas/recipes that might work? A couple things to bear in mind, I'm bound to the extract brewing just yet, with a max of a 4 gallon boil (usually more like 3.5 to give a bit more safety space). I've also not set up a "proper" lager system, but do have a fridge that fits a carboy just fine. So if you have any real winners, I'd love to hear em. :mug:

You could always mix up a batch of Pumkin Ale. I am going to give one a shot this weekend and your timing, as well, should make a great Halloween and Thanksgiving brew.

I would say brew up an Oktoberfest/Marzen but you are a little late for that (hence the name Marzen, it should be brewed in March). You could, however, brew up the oktoberFAST Ale recipe that is in the database here on HBT. I haven't tried it, but it is supposed to be close to a Marzen Lager, except in a quicker Ale format...

Just some ideas..........

-C

You could always mix up a batch of Pumkin Ale.

+1. I brewed up 2.5 gallons in July, using roasted canned pumpkin in the mash and whole spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, etc.) in the boil. Tasted great at racking a few weeks ago. It's bulk conditioning now; can't wait to bottle it.

Back