auto-pilot brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sneakytiki

Reaction score
I find myself in a situation with awkward timing. I am currently a student living on campus living pretty far away from my permanent residence. I want to start a new brew, but I am going to have to go home for winter break mid december.

I know that I won't want to transport the carboy in my car, and I don't know whether in the month that I'll be home I can get the beer bottled in time for the drive back.

My question is, how bad would it be to start brewing a beer that will require a long fermentation time, and leave it in my apartment by itself for a month. It would definitely be a risk, but I have a closet that maintains a very stable 67-72 degree atmosphere with the thermostat set.

What do you think? Am I making I mistake? Would it be too big a risk? Any suggestions on a good recipe for this kind of a solo journey?

Latest posts

Back