Anyone have experience with Jarrylo hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwapogorilla

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Got some in the freezer, and haven't used any yet. Was wondering if anyone had experience with them before I jump into doing an IPA.

Just an update. I brewed a smash with this hop and there is little to no aroma from dry hopping. The flavor comes through as a pear, bananas other fruits. Bitter was smooth and pleasant. From my experience I would this hop as I middle or late kettle addition paired with other hops not alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'm drinking the first pours of my first batch of a pale ale with Jarrylo. I do get the peach character mentioned in descriptions. I couldn't see using it in an IPA; definitely a different character than a typical NW hop. It seems to play well with the English yeast. I could see it working well with a Galaxy/Citra/Summer type of fruit bowl hop blend in an American wheat or blonde ale. It works quite well in my pale ale, but I needed a bit more bittering, because it's a little out of balance.

80% Maris otter
4.5% each Victory, Crystal 20, Golden Naked Oats, and sugar
2% Crystal 80

Bittered with EKG to 17IBU
Flame Oat 10g EKG + 30g Jarrylo
Steeped until cooled in below freezing weather to 64F.
Dry hop 10g EKG + 30g Jarrylo

WLP007

Was 7 gallon batch, but split at flameout into 2 buckets. So the above hops were in about 3.5 gallons. The other half got similar treatment with Mandarina Bavaria and EKG. Notty yeast.

Latest posts

Back