Anyone brewing on the 4th?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murphys_Law

Reaction score
I don’t get a lot of brew days anymore so thinking of making a watermelon wheat on the 4th (using all American ingredients of course!). Anyone else brewing July 4th?

As much as I’d like to, no. Got a lager in my beer fridge and two batches in my fermentation chamber so no room right now.

Hopefully I get to brew next weekend. Depending on when we get to leave for my parents. I want to brew Friday, innoculate with Lacto on Friday evening, innoculate with Wyeast 1007 on Saturday, then Monday morning with Brett and Pedio.

I don’t get a lot of brew days anymore so thinking of making a watermelon wheat on the 4th (using all American ingredients of course!). Anyone else brewing July 4th?

If the postman gets my yeast here in time I will be brewing my Belgian Wit. Thankfully it drinks early so I’ll rebrew it as soon as the fermenter is empty of the first 10 gal batch. Then...Bière de Mars. Yay!

Got an anxious customer with a massive design project worried I'll take too many days off this coming week as it is :D
So I have everything laid in for a Weldwerks Juicy Bits clone next weekend...

Cheers!

I won't be brewing on the 4th, because I'm spending that day with my family, and friends. I will be brewing on the 2nd (double brew day). I will be drinking homebrew with said friends and family on the 4th though....

I’m hoping to brew a Blonde Stout with my daughter on the 4th if we don’t have serious thunderstorms. Even though my brewery is inside my garage severe weather can still create safety issues and we seem to be having lots of storms daily (ATL).

I will be helping my brother brew a sMasH beer on the 7th (I know, technically not the 4th) once he gets all his cleaning and organizing his space/equipment after not brewing for almost a year.

I'll be headed to a family reunion on the 4th. So decided to brew today. Brewed a red rye ale. Chilling the wort was a PITA with it being so hot in ATL.

Nope. I wish.
IPA will still be fermenting and since the temp will be around 86 degrees and not 100+ I will resume work on the swimming pool in the back yard.

I'd would but looks like it will be hot. I need to get a lager yeast going at least.

It looks like I’ve been over ruled on the watermelon wheat so I’ll be brewing a jalapeño cream ale per my wife’s request!

I wanted to make a starter today so I had time to cold crash and decant but forgot so I’ll probably try a simple 500ml vitality starter on brew day.

I brewed a double batch of Yoopers Yellow Fizzy Ale today. 5 gallons will have a bit of dry hops and the other 5 will have 7 oz of dried ancho chiles.
I might brew a sp? Eidelwiess on the 4th. I can leave it out on the counter. My basement temperature will be good.

I have to work on the 4th so brew day was yesterday. Maris Otter/Mosaic IPA with a Citra dry hop. My house ale and a favorite of my "beer test dummy" group.

Yes I am, a buddy is having a big wedding next month and I offered to brew the beer for the celebration. He declined, I think he felt bad to put me to work. I know the caterer so we are secretly not charging him for the beer and I am donating my brew into all the kegs. When everyone raves about the beer and he never gets a bill for it, that will secretly be my satisfaction (and wedding gift). Really exciting that this plan is coming together so this is how I'll be celebrating my 4th, brewing "Switcharoo(TM)" watermelon wheat.

Yep. Girlfriend is coming back home next month, so I'm making a blonde ale (she prefers lighter beers, not really a fan of the IPA's I like) :)

I'm donating a beer for a silent auction in the beginning of August, so that'll be brewed on the 4th. Smoking meat, and brewing beer, my idea of a good holiday.

Brewing an American style Golden Ale(made the yeast starter a few hours ago), and probably smoking some ribs.

Won’t be brewing, but I will be kegging a 10 gallon batch of 007 (Idaho 7) single hop pale ale to drink this weekend.

I’ll probably brew a Yuengling (inspired) clone this Sunday too.

Won’t be brewing, but I will be kegging a 10 gallon batch of 007 (Idaho 7) single hop pale ale to drink this weekend.

I’ll probably brew a Yuengling (inspired) clone this Sunday too.
A Yuengling is on my shortlist. I won a recipe kit from @HomebrewSupply a while back, and it was a Yuengling clone. It was close, and pretty good.

A Yuengling is on my shortlist. I won a recipe kit from @HomebrewSupply a while back, and it was a Yuengling clone. It was close, and pretty good.

It’s going to be the second time i’ve done this particular recipe. I say Yuengling inspired, because i’ve tweaked it a bit to my tastes.

I would be curious about what homebrewsupply’s recipe is. I’m very much looking forward to brewing my version again this week though.

I kegged a Dead Ringer IPA extract kit and am force carbonating it so maybe I can drink some on the 4th. I brewed a IPA clone today from our local Brewery had a hard time cooling it down with my ice bath. The picture I posted is what it look like when it finally got below 100. Is this what they call the cold break?
20180702_171838.jpeg

I kegged a Dead Ringer IPA extract kit and am force carbonating it so maybe I can drink some on the 4th. I brewed a IPA clone today from our local Brewery had a hard time cooling it down with my ice bath. The picture I posted is what it look like when it finally got below 100. Is this what they call the cold break?View attachment 577648

Yep, that is break material. Once I brewed an Irish red ale that cooled and when I removed the bucket lid I saw what looked EXACTLY like a wadded kitchen towel! When I tried to retrieve it it disintegrated.

Brewing in the 3rd. 12 gallon mash and boil that will end up as 5 gallons of El Dorado IPA and 5 gallons of Summer Saison. The Saison will get some grains of paradise and won't get dry-hopped.

Gonna be brewing a cream ale and a summer shandy either tonight or tomorrow

Brewing a blackberry bitter that gets blackberry flavor solely from Bramling Cross hops. Not an American-based recipe, but I’ll name it British Revenge, instead.

https://beerandbrewing.com/blackberry-bitter-english-pale-ale-recipe/

I flubbed and forgot to make a yeast starter until about an hour ago, so I had to make due with what I had available... SD Super Yeast

Now torn between brewing before it gets hot, or waiting until evening so my starter has 24H to spin.

Back