Anyone brewing on the 4th?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just pitched on my English Brown that I'm donating for a silent auction.

Currently smoking a cheesesteak fattie with hickory, as well.

Drinking bourbon and barleywine.

Capping the day by going to see our local Atlantic league baseball team play, followed by fireworks.

I think I'm celebrating the Fourth as best as I can.

American Wheat in the kettle as I write this. Will be topped off with apricot extract when its done fermenting.

I had originally planned on an American Wheat with watermelon but the wife vetoed me...said she wanted the jalapeño cream ale instead!

Apricot sounds good!

started to brew a 12 day Saison and a midwest IPA, except I accidentally poured the wlp001 starter into the saison wort. So I tool the ipa wort, added 2 lbs of piloncillo at flame out. I decided to clear out the back of the hop drawer skipped the bittering added hop bursts of amarillo jarrylo cascade and centennial at 15 and 10 with jarrylo whirlpool @ 170. I then pitched the wy3711 starter. And to top things off I set up a fermenter with apple juice only to find out I had used my only 3711 on the saison. So I pitched it with what I had wlp590. Three stooge brewing day, lets see how it goes

I brewed a little something yesterday... did my first reiterated mash in the grainfather, basically double my milk stout recipe. Came out a little lower than I'd hoped, but I'll take it. This bad boy is going to ferment out and then live in my new barrel for a bit, before getting some sort of special flavoring.

stout.jpg

IMG_2753.jpg

Brewed a cream ale yesterday and tomorrow I’m gonna try a hand at a Summer Shandy

Latest posts

Back