Any mini fridges without freezers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hezagenius

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been covered in another topic. I searched and couldn't find anything.

I'm looking for a mini fridge that can hold hold 2 cornies and a 5# CO2 tank that doesn't require modification due to a freezer compartment. I've done several searches on here and google and couldn't come up with anything. Are there any models out there that are reasonably priced that either don't have a freezer or have enough clearance to avoid modification?

Thanks

I bought the sanyo 4912 about a month ago at Fry's for $179. 2 coney's, CO2, and I didn't have to remove the shelves in the door.

Thanks. I was thinking about the Frigidaire model. It looks like that will be the easiest for me since there aren't any Fry's near where I live.

I bought a Danby DAR440BL from Walmart for $165 with free ship-to-store. It's energy star rated, so my electric company gave me a $50 rebate also.

There's no freezer, but I had to replace the door panel with a piece of whiteboard to get the second keg to fit.

I'm thinking about just buying a kegerator from this vendor.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f41/super-bowl-sale-kegconnection-com-157227/

Free shipping, 10% off, and I don't have to convert a sanyo. I wasn't really thrilled about this but to be honest I don't think I'll have the time to convert a fridge. Seven hundred bucks later I can have the whole set-up delivered to my door. What do you guys think?

By the way: I'm not trying to talk you out of it either; DIY is something I'm a huge fan of.

I'm thinking about just buying a kegerator from this vendor.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f41/super-bowl-sale-kegconnection-com-157227/

Free shipping, 10% off, and I don't have to convert a sanyo. I wasn't really thrilled about this but to be honest I don't think I'll have the time to convert a fridge. Seven hundred bucks later I can have the whole set-up delivered to my door. What do you guys think?

By the way: I'm not trying to talk you out of it either; DIY is something I'm a huge fan of.

have you checked Home Depot I seem to recall they had the Vissani kegerator on clearance. Someone paid 125$ for one . I have one works fine.

edit:It was 112 $ 112$ kegerator

Sorry if this has been covered in another topic. I searched and couldn't find anything.

I'm looking for a mini fridge that can hold hold 2 cornies and a 5# CO2 tank that doesn't require modification due to a freezer compartment. I've done several searches on here and google and couldn't come up with anything. Are there any models out there that are reasonably priced that either don't have a freezer or have enough clearance to avoid modification?

Thanks

Wine/beverage coolers don't have freezers but the Magic Chief I have wont go below 40°. I don't use it as a kegerator but a fermentation chamber it will hold low 50's for my lagers . But if you don't like the beer ice cold like BMC then it should work fine

No corneys, one tap, 2.5 CO2, and single regulator.

Kegconnection tailors to the Homebrew.

I found this one http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

$200 cheaper with free shipping but I guess I'd be more concerned about the quality I'd be getting from Home Depot vs. KegConnection. Sure, 200 bucks is 200 bucks but what are the shortcuts HD is making?

edit---ok, no mention of cornies, plus it's only one tap.

I would look at the KegConnection for 200 $ as you get more for the homebrewer.

The one I bought was 150$ was in store they may have stopped selling them for the season. The one I got has a 5lbs tank single reg no corny's but then again I have 34 corny's two 2 tap towers and several manifolds so it didn't matter . The reason I suggested it if you got one under for under $200. You can buy a lot of other stuff with 500$

Back