Any good beer to be found in Santa Barbara?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonBoy47

Reaction score
Im heading to Santa Barbara, CA this weekend for a wedding and I will have a couple extra days up there. Are there any good bars, brew pubs, or breweries in that area? I dont mind a little bit of a drive for some good beer! Any suggestions?

The above mentioned places are certainly worthy of a visit.

Keep in mind, the region just over the hill to the north produces some world class red wines. There are a few tour companies that will pick you up at your hotel, cart you from vineyard to vineyard for tastings, then drop you and your red tongue back in your lobby. All for a reasonable fee. If you're into that sorta thing...

If you have a day free head up to Paso Robles and visit the Firestone Walker Brewing Company. They use an Oak Barrel Brewing system. I haven't tried it because I live in Wisconsin but my Dad lives out there and loves their beer. I bet their brewery is an interesting visit. http://www.firestonebeer.com/brewery/ They were also mentioned in the Yeast Book by Chris White and Jamil Z.

If firestone is only 30 mins away thats definately within my range. I really like union jack and dba!

Telegraph makes a great Wit. A new brew pub recently opened in Pismo Beach. SLO Brew in SLO is where some big time brewers got their start. Fortunately I live about 2 miles from Firestone in Paso....give the Double Jack a try.

So is the Firestone brewery a must? or is the taproom just as good? I looked up the distances and im looking at 40 mins to the taproom and 2 hrs to the brewery. 2 hours is a little out of my range.

the tap room is owned by firestone and has the same stuff as in paso robles.the only difference being the food and the actual brewery.

Back