Any Advice on Piecemealing a BIAB Setup?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a summer of deal hunting, I wound up with the 15 gal SsBrewTech Kettle, the Hellfire Blichman burner, a 50 ft copper wort chiller, a wilsner bag, and a few small gadgets all for under $400. My first brew day was not a success though because I couldn't get the burner to stay lit. Need to research that and try again. Since I had a yeast starter on the stir plate and a bag of crushed grains, I went ahead and did a 3 gal mash - 2 gal sparge - 4 gal boil on the stove top using the wilsner bag. I got to say, I do love that bag. It's much better than anything I've used before and even though it fits perfectly in the 15 gal kettle, it adapted well to the 5 gal kettle in a pinch. I can't wait to get this set up going so that I can really put it to the test.

After a summer of deal hunting, I wound up with the 15 gal SsBrewTech Kettle, the Hellfire Blichman burner, a 50 ft copper wort chiller, a wilsner bag, and a few small gadgets all for under $400. My first brew day was not a success though because I couldn't get the burner to stay lit. Need to research that and try again. Since I had a yeast starter on the stir plate and a bag of crushed grains, I went ahead and did a 3 gal mash - 2 gal sparge - 4 gal boil on the stove top using the wilsner bag. I got to say, I do love that bag. It's much better than anything I've used before and even though it fits perfectly in the 15 gal kettle, it adapted well to the 5 gal kettle in a pinch. I can't wait to get this set up going so that I can really put it to the test.

Latest posts

Back