Anti-Gravity Transfer Pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SFC Rudy

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I purchased this pump https://www.midwestsupplies.com/products/anti-gravity-transfer-pump and used it to transfer from fermenter to keg. The beer foamed through the outlet hose into the keg. I'm assuming that is CO2 being knocked out of solution; I use my "improvised" test of lowering a lighter into the keg and the flame goes out, so little to no oxygen.

Anyway, I have enough kegs that I condition in the keg. The priming sugar calculators I find assume some residual carbonation after fermentation, but with that CO2 being knocked out of solution, how do I make it up with priming sugar? Or should I worry about it?

You are knocking co2 out of solution, but you have no idea how much. Given the choice of over carbing a keg and waiting for the CO2 to come down or undercarbing and letting the co2 tank bring it back up to the desired pressure, I'd pick that latter. It doesn't mean you can't go with the first option.

Last edited:
Back