Another homebrewer back from the lost!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FHDave

Reaction score
As a number of other posters have said, I'm also back from the lost! :ban:

I homebrewed for about 4 years back in the 90s, then stopped when my kids got older and I became busy with their lives. I finally found/made the time to get back to homebrewing this fall. I had saved a lot of my equipment and was able to resuse a lot of it (great thing about glass carboys, they don't rot).

I am an extract brewer and have already bottled and started drinking an Irish Red Ale and a Nut Brown Ale. I have a Bass clone in bottles carbonating and a Chocolate Oatmeal Stout in the secondary. I also started a batch of hard cider yesterday, so I've definitely jumped right back in to this wonderful activity.

I look forward to many conversations with my fellow homebrewers around the world. :mug:

Welcome back! Things have changed since the 90s, mainly the access to awesome information and collaboration via the internet and forums like HBT.

I too brewed beer in the 90s, then started again a couple of years ago. The difference in my beers then and now is amazing. I attribute much of the difference to the helpful people of this forum. Good luck!

I just got back into brewing after a 10 year kids, house, life, etc... I did it though my 20s (90s), stopped in my 30s and now that I'm 40 back at it. I did a couple did year with extract and decided to go all grain and will never go back... it's a little bit more of a process but think it's way more fun ha... Also, convinced the wife to put in a kegertaor, added one tap then but now up to 4. Glad I stumbled onto this site the people are great and there is almost too much info on here ha...

I made wine since the 70's & pop even brewed some beer we enjoyed. A bit strong for a stout though. then by age 30 life & kids needed my attentions. Then a few years ago we decided to try brewing beer. I'm up to partial mash now & it's def getting interesting around here. I'm sure you'll get to like hangin around HBT!:mug:

Latest posts

Back