Am I the only Circus Boy Fan?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oxiderush

Reaction score
I just got my Magic Hat mixed pack, and i really like the circus boy hefeweizen. In fact i'm drinking it right now. I searched the name in hopes to find a clone recipe, but all i found was people saying it's crap. Is there anyone out there who also enjoys it? And it it "good but not the best" or would you rather drink warm coors light. In my defense i'm 21, and weening off the Steel reserve 40's and Natural ice cans. I think i have finally consumed enough "real" beer that i cant drink my usual bud light, but still am a FAR shot from being a hophead. Are there any other readily available hefes that represent that beer variety better?

I had one of these about an hour ago and although I don't have much experience with hefeweizens, I enjoyed it.

I'm a fan of some of the Magic Hats just finished off some Odd Notion which is sort of crappy though. I like #9 of course and Lucky Cat is good. I think the Circus Boy is a sort of avg hefe though.

I'm a fan of some of the Magic Hats just finished off some Odd Notion which is sort of crappy though. I like #9 of course and Lucky Cat is good. I think the Circus Boy is a sort of avg hefe though.

hmmm... i am drinking the odd notion right now and I am really liking it.

I do not like most Magic Hat brews. #9 tastes like Apricot extract + pick_a_BMC_lager to me. I am generally not a fan of Wheat beers, so Circus boy was no different. I just had one of their HIPAs and its drinkable. Unremarkable, but drinkable.

Back