Airlock Activity

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernie3

Reaction score
Two and a half weeks ago I brewed my first batch, its a True Brew Porter kit.
There was alot of activity in the airlock for the first two days....then it pretty much stopped. Yesterday it began to bubble a little bit again and now today its a pretty steady two bubbles a minute. Is this normal??? I was planning on bottling this coming monday (3 weeks in primary). Should I wait longer to bottle if there is still activity? Thanks.......:mug:

I wonder why it would start bubbling like that again after all these days? So I guess it is still fermenting. I did not take a starting gravity when I began, but I do have the instructions from the kit which have the final gravity reading. I will take a reading on Monday to see where I am at.

Can fermenting actually last 3 weeks???

Ambient temp shift...betcha it's a couple degrees warmer now and it started the yeast rumbling again...OR there was trapped CO2 in the trub, and it worked itself up and out...Either way use your hydrometer to see if before you bottle.

The trapped Co2 scenario makes sense, as the temperature in my house has been a steady 65 degrees since the weather got chilly.Thanks for the replies guys, I can't wait to get this batch into bottles so I can move onto my Nut Brown Ale kit.....I think this is going to be addicting:mug:

Back