Air bubbles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daveyrimma

Reaction score
Ok my beer Saturday is at the priming stage
My question is do all bubbles need to be gone if not do I wait until no bubbles?.

If you brewed Saturday..like 6 days ago...no, you’re not at stage for priming. I’m assuming you’re referring to bottling and priming sugar?

No I fermented in bucket then transfer to carboy thst was 15 days ago . It said between 10 to 15 day should be ready to transfer back to bucket and prime then bottle. said once bubbles are nearly cleared up

Ok my beer Saturday is at the priming stage
My question is do all bubbles need to be gone if not do I wait until no bubbles?.

The tool to tell if your beer is ready to prime and bottle is not the visual bubbles but the reading on your hydrometer. Your finished beer can bubble for weeks after it is ready for the bottles. I've begun to bottle my beers at about day 10 but I make sure by using my hydrometer to see that fermentation has stopped at the appropriate reading.

By the way, nearly all beers can be done without using a secondary. Transferring to secondary only adds the chance of infection and oxidation without adding any clarity to the beer, contrary to what much literature says. Use your secondary to make cider or mead instead of beer.

Back