AHS recipe suggestions for long term fermentation / conditioning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pivzavod

Reaction score
Before summer comes I want to brew a batch that can ferment for upto 2 months and then age it in bottles for a few months throughout summer. My apartment can get very hot during summer months and its pain in the ass to maintain proper fermenting temperature with only 1 cooler. I plan on mostly doing French Saisons, Witbiers and Hefes during the hot season.

I currently have these yeasts in my rotation - French Saison, Witbier, British Ale. I am opening to purchasing a new strain as long as I can reuse it for future batches. I am thinking maybe I should try mead (70-75F which is doable) or maybe some new Belgian style?

Belgians are great for the summer months. Tripels and Dubbels need extended aging time and ferment well into the upper 70's and sometimes even 80's. If you're going that route though, make sure you have a way to keep them at about 65F for the first few days of fermentation.

I think I'm going to go with WLP550 Belgian Ale Yeast and find some recipes based on that. I did more reading and it seems that people also use this yeast for Dubbels / Trippels.

Back