AHA membership Discounts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got this from flying dog. Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but it has a freebie:

Join The American Homebrewers Association Today!
Although we would much rather they purchase our beer to consume, homebrewers have always been an important part of the beer community. The American Homebrew Association is looking for members to spread the gospel of good beer and Flying Dog has partnered with the AHA in a membership drive. Check out all the details below.

For a limited time, you can sign up for membership to the American Homebrewers Association® (AHA) and receive a FREE Flying Dog Ales beanie.

American Homebrewers Association (AHA) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting the community of homebrewers and empowering them to make the best beer in the world. Join the more than 15,000 homebrewers and beer enthusiasts who are already members.

If you’re a not yet a homebrewer this is a great way to start. Or if you know someone who might enjoy learning more about beer and homebrewing, this makes a great gift!

Members enjoy these benefits:

Six annual issues of Zymurgy. Zymurgy is the ultimate magazine for the homebrewer and beer enthusiast. From brewing better beer to building better homebrewing equipment, Zymurgy has articles that appeal to every brewer and beer lover.
AHA TechTalk Email Forum - More than 10,000 AHA members subscribe to TechTalk—an email forum for homebrewers. Here’s where you'll go to get advice on topics that range from where to get homebrew supplies, which types of yeasts to brew with or where the best beer bars are at your next vacation destination.
Pub Discount Program- Enjoy discounts at over 350 pubs nationwide including 20% off purchase at Flying Dog Brewery
Exclusive access to the Great American Beer Festival Connoisseur Tasting.
Discounts on the AHA National Homebrewers Conference, National Homebrew Competition and beer and brewing books.
Click here to view additional benefits.

Become a member for just $33 and receive your FREE Flying Dog Ales beanie (includes S/H); click here to purchase a membership. Offer ends March 15, 2008.

Not sure if they still apply but recently there were a few promotional offerings in addition to a $5.00 discount on new/renewed AHA membership.

Through Stone's website there was a promotion for the discount + a free copy of Palmers 3rd edition "How To Brew", directly through the beertown.org web the promotion was for a 40cl Allagash Chalice in addition to the $5.00 discount.

I fear they may have expired already tho'.

I occasionally see promotions. There was a beer dinner in Maine back in October. $40 for the meal and it came with 1 year membership, I really should have gone.

Stone's newsletter with info about the Palmer book deal.

AHA deal which expired Feb 22 2008.

I wonder if there's a way to crawl for other special offers since it looks like the links are built for each brewery that sponsors an offer:

http://www.beertown.org/email/aha/special_offer/stone.htm

Going to http://www.beertown.org/email/aha/special_offer/ just brings up a template.

Found these (all expired):

Beertown-Homebrewing
The American Homebrewers Association's (AHA) 10th Annual Big Brew is a worldwide celebration of homebrewing that kicks off with a simultaneous toast at noon ...
www.beertown.org/email/aha/special_offer/BigBrew1.htm - 14k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
Beertown-Homebrewing
Attention homebrewers! Get the latest information on homebrewing, beer competitions and homebrew club info at www.beertown.org. Click here for more details.
www.beertown.org/email/aha/special_offer/AmericanBrew.htm - 16k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
Special Offer
For a limited time, you can sign up for a discounted membership to the American Homebrewers Association® (AHA) and receive a Allagash Classic Belgian ...
www.beertown.org/email/aha/special_offer/Allagash.htm - 7k -

It'd be nice if they'd give you these options when you renew your membership. The only thing I got was the renewal notice in the mail asking for $38 bucks. Since there are no participating breweries in WA state for pub discounts a free glass would have been cool.

McKBrew said:
It'd be nice if they'd give you these options when you renew your membership. The only thing I got was the renewal notice in the mail asking for $38 bucks. Since there are no participating breweries in WA state for pub discounts a free glass would have been cool.

Actually, I had renewed my mebership 2 weeks prior to the offer for the glass going public. I emailed AHA and just asked if the glass could apply. It arrived on my doorstep 1 week later, in pieces.

I emailed again to thank them for the gesture and dropped a note that the mailing system had not been kind to the package. Exactly, one week later I found another box on my doorstep. Inside was a glass wrapped in abouy 30 foot of bubble tape (joke).

Don't knock the AHA. But if you don't ask for something you can expect nothing.

If you really do want the glass you can order them directly from the Allgash webstore $5.00 w $6.00 shipping. I ordered one so that I'd have a pair.

GilaMinumBeer said:
Actually, I had renewed my mebership 2 weeks prior to the offer for the glass going public. I emailed AHA and just asked if the glass could apply. It arrived on my doorstep 1 week later, in pieces.

I emailed again to thank them for the gesture and dropped a note that the mailing system had not been kind to the package. Exactly, one week later I found another box on my doorstep. Inside was a glass wrapped in abouy 30 foot of bubble tape (joke).

Don't knock the AHA. But if you don't ask for something you can expect nothing.

If you really do want the glass you can order them directly from the Allgash webstore $5.00 w $6.00 shipping. I ordered one so that I'd have a pair.

I hope I didn't come across as bashing the AHA, that was not my intention.

Between the magazines, discount entry to NHC, and 2$ pints all day, every day at Uncle Billy's Brew & Que, my membership money is well spent. You can save if you pay for multiple years.

One thing about Massachusetts that kinda sucks is that booze cannot be discounted. I noticed a few breweries on the list on the AHA website but I'm guessing they only give discounts for food. I don't mind paying for membership if it will keep homebrewing legal and keep microbrews in business though. It's a cause I don't mind paying for.

It took 10% off my tab at Stone Brewery Bistro last week, plus a buck off a t-shirt. Between the 10% off at Stone and BJ's Brewhouse plus 2 buck pints at Uncle Billy's, my membership has paid for itself already this year.

Latest posts

Back