Aging in a keg worm or cold temp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adarelme

Reaction score
Hi all,

My question is I brewed a Oktoberfest ale 2 weeks ago. I would like to age it for 2 month. Beer smith instruction said to push 12.5 PSI of Co2 for 2 month at 39 degrees, but since a keg is essentially a big bottle should it be aged at room temp? And if so how much Co2 should I push throw keg while it's aging at warm temp.

Thanks for the replies

I don't know about Oktoberfest, with an estery yeast you would get a different profile whether the yeast were dormant or not. I see recommended ageing temps all over the ballpark and am still trying to figure out how much of a difference it really makes.

I used ale yeast for this batch I used Kolsch. Since I did not use lager years should I still lager the final product

I used ale yeast for this batch I used Kolsch. Since I did not use lager years should I still lager the final product

Yes, for the "cleanest" flavor.

Beer ages fastest at warm temperatures, but sometimes cold conditioning is what is needed to smooth out and crisp up the flavor of the beer.

Back