Adding gelatin to kegged beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brownni5

Reaction score
I'm fermenting a Kolsch in a keg with Wyeast 2565, which in my experience, refuses to drop out. I'd like to add gelatin along the way, but I seem to be along the oxygen-free route: as I mentioned, I'm fermenting in a keg am considering spunding toward the end of fermentation, and plan to pressure transfer to a purged keg. What are my options for adding gelatin? I've seen some refer to a syringe system, but am also wondering if I'd get the same effect by adding gelatin to the keg, then purging, then pressure transferring.

Thanks for any insight.

I'm fermenting a Kolsch in a keg with Wyeast 2565, which in my experience, refuses to drop out. I'd like to add gelatin along the way, but I seem to be along the oxygen-free route: as I mentioned, I'm fermenting in a keg am considering spunding toward the end of fermentation, and plan to pressure transfer to a purged keg. What are my options for adding gelatin? I've seen some refer to a syringe system, but am also wondering if I'd get the same effect by adding gelatin to the keg, then purging, then pressure transferring.

Thanks for any insight.

Or cold crash your fermenting keg, add the gelatin there via syringe, let it sit a week cold, then transfer to your purged keg.

Latest posts

Back