Accidental GREEN Beer !!! Anyone else have this happen?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vb4677

Reaction score
Ok, I did my second batch of a great, all grain cream ale. In preparation for a more 'fall' version, I chucked in 0.75 oz dried, sweet orange peel from the LHBS, and 1.25 oz hand crushed coriander in the last 10 mins of a 90 min boil.

I transferred to the fermenter, and I noticed it looked sorta greenish, but still within the normal brownish color range (a tad too dark compared to the first batch, but ok...).

A couple days into fermentation, I used a small light to illuminate my Speidel fermenter and it's a GREEN beer !!

Am I hosed? Do I just RDWHAHB?

I plan on letting it ferment for 14 days, then cold crash and gelatin like I've done before, but am I about to be the laughing stock of the family gathering this turkey day?

:tank:

Ive noticed that with very pale pilsner malt based beers, with some hops. Especially if alot of hop material gets transferred accidentally to the fermenter. It passes after the beer falls clear. RDWHAHB.

Got home tonight - took a light to the fermentor and we are no longer green, but rather a nice, pleasant golden color.
Chalk another one up to RDWHAHB !

Vbb

Back