a small beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ron,ar

Reaction score
I finally did a 1 gallon batcg AG last nite, it was interesting. I mashed a lb of pilsner, and added 1/4 lb of dme that was getting old. Made 2 half ounce hop additions using Saaz. I made a mistake on my volume as I did boil for 45 minutes and didn't realize how much boil loss there would be. Had to add top off water and it brought the OG down to 1.045. I used 1/2 pack of dry yeast...have no idea what I will do with the other half.
It rained all day yesterday and I don't have a garage and really wanted to brew. Also had some mini-kegs that I wanted to use for something so sanitized one and used it for a 5 liter fermenter. The recipe is just a hodge podge of ingrediants but it will make beer and I will drink it. Next time I will be more organized.
29lxru9.jpg

to use the other half of the yeast packet make a starter with it and use it for your next brew whatever the size and strength....

In my experience, boil losses seem to be about the same regardless of starting boil volume.

Back