A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tumblr_o3kbpxcIjU1ux625so1_500.gif

tumblr_msk704c0A11qiclz0o1_500.gif

So.. totally unrelated to the quote... I'm making an Alt for a intra-club comp, and I'm using a hybrid of yours and Kai's recipes. More munich than yours, a little pilsen, caramunich, and carafa II, and spalt hops.. Any advice based on your latest version?

Inline decoction is the only way to go when making science lagers.

So.. totally unrelated to the quote... I'm making an Alt for a intra-club comp, and I'm using a hybrid of yours and Kai's recipes. More munich than yours, a little pilsen, caramunich, and carafa II, and spalt hops.. Any advice based on your latest version?

I've only one version.

I'm happy with it as is.

FWIW, I'd go easy on the Munich. My last Dunkel is primarily Munich light. A very malt forward beer. Tastes not at all like my Alt despite the similar appearance.

Dunkel
attachment.php

attachment.php

I would rather invent my own new way of mashing where I pull off some of the mash and heat it and then add it back thereby heating up the remaining mash. I'll call it a recirculating mash decoction

You should make up a new way of adding yeast, where you add it to wort at the temperature you're going to ferment at and call it dry yeasting [emoji16]

I've only one version.

I'm happy with it as is.

FWIW, I'd go easy on the Munich. My last Dunkel is primarily Munich light. A very malt forward beer. Tastes not at all like my Alt despite the similar appearance.

That's surprising considering that Kai's version is completely munich as a base malt. Do you think by keeping his OG down to 1.046 he decreased the malt's prominence? mine will be 1.048 if all goes according to plan.

Back