A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 342300

Mistakes were made. So embarrassing I shouldn't share, but will...

In my excitement to brew for the first time in a long time, I brought water to temp to mash. Did not account for heat loss. Hopefully I made the proper adjustment for the situation by switching to impromptu BIAB.

Bean-to coffee stout.

Hope your Brewday is fun. Sure looks nice and relaxing.

Didn't know you were a BIABer.

I wish we could do cool stuff like that haha.

Maybe something like "fins was here" or " A friendly place for friends who drink", now that would be cool! :D

Now a Let it Ride from Indeed as I destroy my house.

Why oh why people who owned the house before me for 50+ years did you not only nail that fake wood wall paneling up all over the upstairs, but dang! did you have to glue it to the wall as well with a bunch of probably banned 1970's industrial glue?

sheesh

It's neither fun or relaxing due to my mistakes. I am however quite motivated to get into the swing of things and start brewing much more often. Keezer needs to be filled and all.

View attachment 342316

Roflstout and hb saison

Sorry to hear of your stress. On the upside that Saison looks killer good. Love that foam stand.

My first stout. Hopefully.
2 row, roasted barley, chocolate malt and midnight wheat.

Stouts are one style that I've never been quite happy with my results on. I can never get a robust maltiness out of them. Hope yours turns out well.

Braxton Ignitor. There aren't many authentic to-style Maibocks in the US, but this one pretty much nails it.

View attachment 1457292495728.jpg

After a ball buster week and more hours in a single week than you usually work in two, I have surfaced. Sheeets.

Stuff happened, not trying to pku.

Congrats to those that deserve it, sorry to those that need it.

Got murried last night. Time to go drink beer on a boat. See y'all in seven days.

Congrats!

Woke up on the couch around 1 am, TV and lights in the house all off. Wife said she tried to wake me up but I was just snoring away... This weekend was too short! View attachment 342296

Have had that happen waaay to many times to be worth counting. I say she didn't even try.

My first stout. Hopefully.
2 row, roasted barley, chocolate malt and midnight wheat.

Good luck.

Just finished racking my attempt at a RIS into my first attempt at using a FastFermet. We will see. Missed my og by one point, but hit 1.096.

Also, waiting for a berry Mead to cool and will dump that into a fermenter as well.

Attachments

• 1457292435432.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 1457292444279.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 1457292452660.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 36
Well, dim sum is done. Need to whip the kitchen back in shape and start a batch of sauerkraut.

IMG_20160306_120452982.jpg

After frustrating brew day we are doing the same. Where should we get pizza? Still not overly familiar with area.

We're in Orchard park for a bit and getting something local. We usually order from Tony's on harlem. Get swmbo to go with you to pizza plant on transit today for dinner. Thing starts at 5. ;)

Hell no. Took the tour had a few more i didnt post, bought a few bottles. Now eating and hitting another bottle shop before heading to tampa. Found bbl big sound. Paid a pretty penny but had too

At the beer store that's closest to me it's a $50 gift pack with two glasses. I was at the brew pub yesterday and the regular was $11.

Just got off the slopes with the Fam. Turned into a beautiful sunny day and everyone seems happy. Relaxing now on the shores of Lake Superior and just polished off my first Todd the Axeman of the day.

Hell no. Took the tour had a few more i didnt post, bought a few bottles. Now eating and hitting another bottle shop before heading to tampa. Found bbl big sound. Paid a pretty penny but had too

Best hurry on down to Tampa, Coppertail Brewing has Whiskey BA Free Dive on tap right now

Maybe something like "fins was here" or " A friendly place for friends who drink", now that would be cool! :D

Now a Let it Ride from Indeed as I destroy my house.

Why oh why people who owned the house before me for 50+ years did you not only nail that fake wood wall paneling up all over the upstairs, but dang! did you have to glue it to the wall as well with a bunch of probably banned 1970's industrial glue?

sheesh

Hahahahaha
Sorry been there almost did that. We got lucky it was only the formal sitting room, I found the glue and stopped before the first panel came off. It will be worth the effort when you are done.

Wife was ok with it being my room so that was a plus. Of leaving it, hint hint...

At the beer store that's closest to me it's a $50 gift pack with two glasses. I was at the brew pub yesterday and the regular was $11.

There are still a few around town here as well. $50 is tough for me to pull the trigger on, even with the Spiegelau BA glasses.

Am I seeing things or did I just pass a hardys sign that said steak toast sammich?

Transferring from kettle to primary. Time for some vandal eyes. Don't know how that can call it a pale ale at 7% ???

Transferring from kettle to primary. Time for some vandal eyes. Don't know how that can call it a pale ale at 7% ???

Sounds like my kind of pale ale! I'm not big on tons of IBUs, but love lots and lots of late hops, and a nice malt backbone to go with that. So I call mine Imperial Pale Ales. Though my last one was typical abv for a pale ale because of entering it into a competition, and I didn't want to lie. You know, just in case I happen to win somehow.

Might walk to CC tonight. In stoppi g here before heading down. Let me know if they run out

CCB is showing $25 bottles of Sugar Plum in 750's, thinking it must be BA. Sugar Plum was $12 in bombers this year. The only thing they put in 750's anymore is Huna and BA beers. Not even sure what a BA Sugar Plum would even be like.

There are still a few around town here as well. $50 is tough for me to pull the trigger on, even with the Spiegelau BA glasses.

CCB is showing $25 bottles of Sugar Plum in 750's, thinking it must be BA. Sugar Plum was $12 in bombers this year. The only thing they put in 750's anymore is Huna and BA beers. Not even sure what a BA Sugar Plum would even be like.

I did. $50. Suckered me in. Ill see their bottle list and get some before the tampa beerweek bastards take them all

Had a little leftover after my last brew (a pale ale for the FIL), so I randomly decided to pour a little of my wife's kombucha in there. I don't have it completely open, but no airlock on it either. It's big flip top jar with the lid closed, but the rubber gasket isn't on. It seems to have grown a krausen, not necessarily looking like a mother. Should be interesting.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1457302266.573138.jpg

It looks more ominous with the flash on.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1457302530.487345.jpg

Back