A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And that's why I'm not a BJCP judge, heh. Did a citra smash and really didnt get anything unique from it. I seem to be about the only one that doesnt love it though.

It's a hipster hop. I get a little more tropical fruit than Mosaic out of it (which has more berry to my nose/palate). That's why I plan to mix it up with the more dank notes of Simcoe. If a Simcoe/Mosaic/Citra IPA can't place at NHC, it's all bull****.

@finsfan

And had my first Sucks earlier.

Brewing a quick and dirty IPA while my son cleans his bottle collection. Runs in the family,I reckon.

IMG_20160213_180104.jpg

IMG_20160213_173304.jpg

It's a hipster hop. I get a little more tropical fruit than Mosaic out of it (which has more berry to my nose/palate). That's why I plan to mix it up with the more dank notes of Simcoe. If a Simcoe/Mosaic/Citra IPA can't place at NHC, it's all bull****.

How's the Manayuck? I looked at it today but passed.

Got one of those fermenting you might get a sample..eventually, just saying.

For those going to Huna Day, this event looks interesting
@Hello @DisturbdChemist @TobyG

I'm not getting in until Friday morning, but I've had a crapton of JK beers anyway (I'm actually going to a JK event the Wednesday night at the Avenue in NOLA).

Columbus, Amarillo, and Simcoe for hops. Am I doing hipster right?

I don't know man. You need to have Citra, Mosaic, or an experimental numbered hop for full hipster effect.

How's the Manayuck? I looked at it today but passed.

If you can get a single, it's good enough to pick up. I don't know if I'd pay for a bunch though, unless you're into English/American DIPA hybrids. It's got a goodly amount of crystal that most hop heads don't care for.

Right now, my hands smell like coffee, cacao, and 101 proof rum. I'm OK with that.

What's your buffalo cauliflower recipe? picked up a head and it is high on the consideration list.

Heat oven to 400
Mix 1/2 cup of water, 2 Tbsp olive oil and 1/2 tsp sea salt in a bowl, whisk and then toss the cauliflower bits in it.
Roast on a rimmed baking sheet for 20-25 minutes.
Melt 4 Tbsp butter and then mix in 1/2 cup Frank's red hot and 1 Tbsp lemon juice + pepper to taste
Toss cauliflower with the buffalo sauce and then roast another 5-7 minutes.

For dipping sauce (not that I use it) - 1/3 cup sour cream, 2 tsp mayo, 2 Tbsp blue cheese, 1 tsp milk + salt & pepper to taste. Refrigerate 30+ minutes before cooking the cauliflower.

I'm not getting in until Friday morning, but I've had a crapton of JK beers anyway (I'm actually going to a JK event the Wednesday night at the Avenue in NOLA).

I don't know man. You need to have Citra, Mosaic, or an experimental numbered hop for full hipster effect.

If you can get a single, it's good enough to pick up. I don't know if I'd pay for a bunch though, unless you're into English/American DIPA hybrids. It's got a goodly amount of crystal that most hop heads don't care for.

Right now, my hands smell like coffee, cacao, and 101 proof rum. I'm OK with that.
I haven't been impressed with what I have had from them which is why I passed. Thank you sir.

Nice! What'd you think? Just bottling a BA ris on coffee myself. :D
Honestly, I wasn't too impressed with the Rico. I didn't sit down and taste it properly. A bit astringent from the coffee, I think. Not hot at all, though for 10.5 %. I've got three more so I'll reserve judgment for now.

I won't try harder to not be cool. I think...

Homer. Love this beer.

My wife got me this shirt for V day. It's too big but still cool.

Had a New Glarus Hopster. Chugged it. For the third week in a row a major appliance crapped out. Water heater, then TV and now dishwasher. FML. So I chugged that to hopefully dispel the bad juju going on around here.
Now this - very creamy and tasty. Could be a nightcap at this point.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1455412801.593013.jpg

Had a New Glarus Hopster. Chugged it. For the third week in a row a major appliance crapped out. Water heater, then TV and now dishwasher. FML. So I chugged that to hopefully dispel the bad juju going on around here.
Now this - very creamy and tasty. Could be a nightcap at this point.
View attachment 337444

Well that say death happens in threes, so you should be good now.

Beer Camp. Glad to be home and done shopping. And no, it was not the beer shopping I had hoped.

WP_20160213_005.jpg

Can't say I'm impressed but then again I should have looked and seen the bottle release was October, no date code, no hops, no good coffee.

Not a drain pour, I'd be willing to try again but fresh, the idea intrigues me:mug:

Hmm I like hops, I like coffee. I have both. May need to research this more

Back