A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put it in the fridge already. Should have shredded it before that like you said. But will take it out around 3pm and heat it back up, maybe with some beef stock in the pan to keep it moist. Hopefully that does the trick. Not to worried.

Doing a Sou vide later on with some tenderloin using my electric HLT. Never done that before. But at least if one of the two doesn't turn out right the other likely will!
Wish I had seen this earlier. I purposely try to finish a few hours before serving. If you wrap in foil and a towel then put it in a cooler it will hold for hours. I inadvertently left one for 8 hours like this and when I checked for temp it was still in the 160's. We'll above the danger zone for food.

I'm sure it will reheat well. I usually use some apple juice with a little rub added to reheat.

First time using citra. Currently, 2 oz citra and 2 oz cascade will be going in next weekend. I've heard the cat-piss folks talk about citra. Think 2 more oz of citra will be alright?

(Also would be a first dry hopping with 6 oz, but it's going to happen, especially since I FUBAR'd the hop stand.). From the sample, it definitely could use a little extra punch.

Little goes a long way. Did a cirta smash last year, 5oz total?? Cat pee was pronounced. Love citra with a simcoe/moasic combo.1 part citra and 1 part S/M. Bitter with centennial. Personal preference tho..as you know.
Ot...more nice weather juice.

View attachment 1454874311952.jpg

That's awesome. Cheers dude! Looking forward to brewing with you in a couple weeks!

Hey man thanks and yeah me too!
Helping with the school play for a couple of hours this afternoon, and tomorrow and Tuesday night for 3 shows next weekend. If they served beer it would make it so much more enjoyable. Still not sure how I got suckered into this, it must have been a momentary loss of focus :(

Having a few Post-home improvement brews before the game. I finally get done all the major things on SWMBO'S list and now she is ready to move..

I just spent three hours prepping vegetables & condiments, then making a pan of pepperoni knots & a pan of garlic knots. Next, cheese sauce for the nachos then finishing the carnitas meat under the broiler to crisp it up.

Holy ****, man...

I just spent three hours prepping vegetables & condiments, then making a pan of pepperoni knots & a pan of garlic knots. Next, cheese sauce for the nachos then finishing the carnitas meat under the broiler to crisp it up.

Holy ****, man...

That's why you talk a neighbor into hosting a party. I'm only making a batch of buffalo roasted cauliflower.

This is a pretty tasty pre-game beer.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1454879389.317177.jpg

Water after finishing yard work. Waiting on the wife to get home so I can go for a run. Looks like I'll be about 1/2 hour behind watching the game. Luckily we're not going to any parties.

Was recycling some egg cartons, and the 6yo grabs them and tells us he wants to keep them. SWMBO asks him what he is going to do with them (he is an inveterate hoarder). He said he was going to make art. SWMBO asks what type of art, and if he can't tell us now, we were hucking the cartons.

6yo replies 'beautiful art.'

6yo won the argument.

Dag too hyper for trail hike. Pulling and sniffing all the things, kept jumping at other dogs trying to play. With it being a narrow hilly trail no way. Ended up quitting after a few mins and heading to the dog park instead. 61F and sunny, beautiful day here. Wish I had gotten my hike in but maybe in a year he'll be calm enough =\. Damn puppies.

Wife's coworker invited us to a superbowl party. First off not interested in sportsballs, but mightve been a good time depending on the festivities, so looked into it. They were hosting it at their church. Football with neither beer or grilling, and at a church to boot? Literally the worst thing I can think of.

Edit: at least it wasnt in Texas, it's got that going at least.

Back