A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could see both working, just figured if you added the beans straight to secondary you'd get basically the same results without losing any ABV from diluting it.

With cold brew, you can do a small test blend to see how much you want to add to the full volume (vary the amount of cold brew added).

You can pull samples from the fermenter with the beans too I suppose (vary the time in contact with the beer, once the beans are added).

I've done cold brew additions a couple times before and have been pretty happy with results, might try adding beans directly next time.

Beans are on, finishing my thumbnail drawings, not drawings of thumbnails, and getting prepped for Cubs scout meeting this evening.

Catching up on GOT in between.

Anyone have experience with coffee beers? I'm planning to add the beans to secondary, but I need a second opinion on how much, for how long, and whole or roughly crushed.
I thew 1/2 lb lightly crushed beens directly into a keg of a boring brown for 5 days, made a world of difference.
Beans are on, finishing my thumbnail drawings, not drawings of thumbnails, and getting prepped for Cubs scout meeting this evening.

Catching up on GOT in between.

So you're drawing on your thumbnails?
Last cup of coffee.

Mroing. Sleepy. Stayed out late and then came home to a dog who shat all over his crate. Wife gave him some "calming" treats before we left, apparently those didn't agree with him too well. Poor pup's tummy. Then once we're in bed wife wakes up at 2:30 and throws up a few times, food poisoning from the bar burgers we had. I'm fine though. House smells like a Saison.

Mroing. Sleepy. Stayed out late and then came home to a dog who shat all over his crate. Wife gave him some "calming" treats before we left, apparently those didn't agree with him too well. Poor pup's tummy. Then once we're in bed wife wakes up at 2:30 and throws up a few times, food poisoning from the bar burgers we had. I'm fine though. House smells like a Saison.

It's obviously Karma catching up with you for hating Saisons. :goat:

Hope everyone gets better soon!

Ill gladly take your dog vomit saison

Salad with ham and salsa... funking, frustrating as hell drawings today. Boss sending me in circles because he can't figure out if he wants aerospace or industrial specs. Should've stayed home today.

Glad the day is half over. Morning was rough as I drank too much wine last night, and also had to chisel inches of ice off the work van before running around town.

Anyone have experience with coffee beers? I'm planning to add the beans to secondary, but I need a second opinion on how much, for how long, and whole or roughly crushed.

My best results have been using coarse ground coffee right in secondary, no bags. On a 12.5%abv RIS I use 1/2lb per 5gal. On a lighter beer I would scale that back some. I will admit to being a coffee junkie so you may not like as much coffee flavor as I do.

Speaking of coffee, I'm drinking it like its my job.

Space Sammich

p459a.jpg

Didn't you have an interview before? Anything pan out?

It went really well, but to hire me the guy would have to renovate an extra floor of his building. It's a work in progress. I really don't mind it here, boss just needs to get with it. He ends up wasting more of my time than necessary. I may only get an hours worth of work a day but it is really irritating when I have to redraw something multiple times because he changes his mind or gave me the wrong info in the first place.

It went really well, but to hire me the guy would have to renovate an extra floor of his building. It's a work in progress. I really don't mind it here, boss just needs to get with it. He ends up wasting more of my time than necessary. I may only get an hours worth of work a day but it is really irritating when I have to redraw something multiple times because he changes his mind or gave me the wrong info in the first place.

Jeez, an entire floor for you? It may be time for you to lose a little weight.

Back