A Buckeye Planted in Texas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hops-a-Lot

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I am pretty new to the whole brewing thing (December 26th, 2008 was my first brew day, oh the memories...) with only a few batches of mostly kit beers under my belt, but I think I have been bitten and bitten hard. Does anyone else go to sleep dreaming of their next batch? I am a transplanted Clevelander living in Texas with my wife and I am looking forward to having more of my life engulfed by the drink. TTFN!

Welcome

I'm Donna aka Skelegirl. I just started as well. Hope you enjoy your stay here

To all of those who extended the warm welcomes, thanks. It is nice to be part of the group and I am sure there will be many stories to share. I have alot to learn and alot of mistakes to make!

I have only been in Texas for about a year, but this past winter has certainly been a change. I did miss the snow around the holidays, though, but I didn't miss the shoveling!

Welcome to the forums! As a fellow Clevelander, I can tell you that you aren't missing out on much... besides the 15-20F temps and snow! I hope you're enjoying being able to brew outside in the winter months.

Welcome to the forums! As a fellow Clevelander, I can tell you that you aren't missing out on much... besides the 15-20F temps and snow! I hope you're enjoying being able to brew outside in the winter months.

There is one thing I do miss and its the Great Lakes brews. I haven't had a Dortmunder in almost 6 months...:(

Great Lakes... has to be one of my favorite breweries right now. Between the Dortmunder and their Christmas Ale, you can't go wrong. They also have their Irish Red out right now as well with pretty much the same kick as the Christmas Ale.

Welcome to Texas. My wife being the wonderful Clevelander she is, puts up with my wonderful hobby. One thing here that is a must have is a wort chiller as the tap water never falls below 95 in the summer(slight exageration.)

Welcome to Texas. My wife being the wonderful Clevelander she is, puts up with my wonderful hobby. One thing here that is a must have is a wort chiller as the tap water never falls below 95 in the summer(slight exageration.)

I already have that base covered. I think the second batch that I did pushed me over the edge. There is only so much I want to do in my little kitchen sink with ice cubes. I plan to make the move to mini-mash here in the near future and the closer I can get to a full boil the better.

Well, Texas is good and all but Cleveland has awesome weather and a great NFL team. Tim Couch was Sweeeeet!

Go back to Ohio now while you still can, before you get addicted to being a Texan. LOL
No really welcome, hope you keep brewing & enjoying your brew.

I am loving the interaction on this board. It is a bit challenging (especially when you work from home) to make connections and this has helped alot. Anyone know of any North Texas brewclubs worth joining? I figure at some point I should actually interact with people IRL...The benefits of homebrewing never cease!

Back