New hobbyist intro

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkeyhead

Reaction score
Thanks for adding me. I joined another group as well. The more the merrier, right?
Starting a new hobby. When I moved into my house in 2014, there was already a rabbit eye blueberry bush approximately 30 years old according to my neighbor. I harvest nearly 50 plus pounds of blueberries annually. I could get more, but I is only me harvesting. I also planted raspberry bushes, blackberry bushes, strawberry plants and a cherry tree. I started canning my own jams, and I just have way too much fruit, so this year I started to make my own wine. I am on my first batch of blueberry wine with a recipe from a guy who does YouTube videos. It didn’t start fermenting so I started searching the web, watched videos and went to a brew store miles away. I ended up diluting the mist and apparently theat kicked the yeast into gear. I guess making a desert wine with 15% ABV was not in the works. Still learning and getting educated with all the posts and questions. Now I need to make or buy a wine rack for all this frozen fruit I have on hand. hahaha. I will have many questions soon to come, so please don’t be annoyed. Thank you and looking forward to meeting new friends.

Back