5000 year old chinese beer recipe revealed.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5000 years ago no one knew that yeast existed, including beer brewers and wine makers. When the proper ritual procedural practices were followed, alcohol appeared as if by a miracle (or by magic). It was the drink of the gods. And thereby the gods gift to mankind. And mans means whereby to "commune" with the gods. And a good way to receive revelations from the gods. Etc...

I would presume that all leavened bread back then was along the lines of sourdough. A 'proper' sourdough yeast starter does not have any "added" yeast. The yeast is in the air around us. But way more flatbread (unleavened) was consumed back then.

Last edited:
Alcohol and other hallucinatory drugs could well have spurred the beginning of religion. Giving to man a taste of what it was like to be a god. A means whereby to feel one with the gods....

At an unearthed temple to Yahweh discovered ~35 miles south of Jerusalem the Alter at the entrance to the 'Holy of Holies" was found to have cannabis ash in it. The temple is dated to around 700-750 BCE.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...wish-temple-links-hallucinogens-with-religionhttps://www.cnn.com/2020/05/28/world/tel-arad-shrine-israel-cannabis-study-scn/index.html
*This perhaps gives new meaning to worshiping the "most high" god.
(* = I found this [along with all of the above] on another website and take no credit for it)

Last edited:
Now the ancient Romans knew concrete. They had concrete that set under water even.
This is true. A form of 'lime' that's still used today. It's puzzling why cement has replaced lime so much. Apart from setting sooner, cement is inferior.

Before the Romans took 'ownership' of Britain we lived in mud huts without any flood protection. Living in bogs essentially. After draining them, the Romans created some of the finest agricultural soils in northern Europe. They built some of the straightest roads in Britain, too, even by today's standards. Sometimes across boggy terrain.

4787153403_fa9c36e7a2_b.jpg

After they left, the natives got pissed and started building winding roads everywhere.

winding-road-xlarge.jpg

Unlike the Roman roads these new winding roads were rubbish for fuel efficiency and gave small children awful car sickness.

There are multiple videos. Just go to youtube and search them out. I found the link that got me started right on the YouTube home page, where they present currently and popularly trending videos. Start there, and drill down until you find it. It may still be on the hit parade list.
I would tend to disagree, and yes, I am an engineer as well... here is an interesting video which makes no suggestions at a true solution, but pokes significant holes in the current theories.

And here is another interesting vid about moving stone blocks...

The Pyramids were bronze age. But the ancient Egyptians were aware of iron from meteorites. Egyptians believed iron to be a gift from the gods, and called it ‘ba-ne-pe’, which translates to ‘metal of heaven’, for at least 1,000 years before the earliest hints of the iron age, which goes back to perhaps 2,000 BC, and is certainly a growing enterprise by about 1,550 BC.

The Pyramids were bronze age. But the ancient Egyptians were aware of iron from meteorites. Egyptians believed iron to be a gift from the gods, and called it ‘ba-ne-pe’, which translates to ‘metal of heaven’, for at least 1,000 years before the earliest hints of the iron age, which goes back to perhaps 2,000 BC, and is certainly a growing enterprise by about 1,550 BC.
If that's true you know meteorites are even tougher than iron.

Iron meteorites are rather common. They are called nickel-iron meteorites.

Last edited:
That shows they have a specific group of skilled people dedicated ONLY for this purpose. They were not meant to take part in any war or celebration etc. Or they exchanged holidays or non work days with each other. For example today you do my work on that pyramid today and on that celebration day you will take rest and I will do your work.
Sounds like my job

Seriously, though. The Pyramids took decades to build. You don't achieve that kind of thing based on slavery. It takes cooperation and a higher level of equity than we have today. Not just lots of beer 👈

Iron is rather interesting. As stars burn their nuclear fuel of Hydrogen and Helium the elements up to Iron are rather progressively being formed. But when Iron is created and reaches a critical mass within the star it quenches and eventually stops the nuclear reaction of the star and then when there is no outward pressure from fusion reactions gravity takes over and causes the star to first rapidly implode, then mere moments later, to massively explode. It is only during this explosion phase that nearly all (if not factually all) of the elements with greater molecular weights than Iron are created. The explosion spews a lot of iron (plus everything else, mainly being hydrogen, helium, and all of the other fusion created atoms up to Iron) out into the surrounding vastness of space. And when gravity eventually collapses the stellar debris of multiples of such stellar explosions to form new stars, planets can now also form. The core of our Earth is mainly Iron and Nickel, just as for the Iron-Nickel of many meteorites.

From memory, the major religious shrine in Mecca known as the 'Kaaba' was built around a particularly large Nickel-Iron meteorite.

Nobody ever promotes ancient alien theories about white Europeans building huge things. They always suggest they must have had some normal method we just don't know about.

Curious.

Nobody ever promotes ancient alien theories about white Europeans building huge things. They always suggest they must have had some normal method we just don't know about.

Curious.
What “huge things” did white Europeans build? Notre Dame Cathedral? The Eiffel tower? Nothing compared to the great pyramids and yes, quite normal.

Back