4.4 cu fridge to fit two kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks pretty standard, I use a similar Danby. I had to remove the door shelves, and cut some of the plastic off the door too. It's a little tight to squeeze two kegs inside. Some people shave the sides too (inside). I just force them in. I've also trimmed some of the rubber off the kegs themselves. Mine are ball lock, I understand that pin locks are different. My gas bottle is outside, I drilled though the hump for the lines. Good luck, keep us posted.

I got that EXACT FRIDGE and am in the process of modifying it. I've been able to chisel out enough space for both kegs, but I am out of my depth in finding the lines on the top of the fridge... I'm really paranoid about drilling through the top, and the cornstarch/alcohol thing didn't seem to work. Any tips?

Hi Gordon, welcome! I found the Danby diagrams online. If that fails, I think I would try carefully cutting the inside top liner to search for the lines. Or put the taps on the door. Good luck, keep us posted.

Thanks! I put it aside for today and will probably only get to it on Tuesday evening. If I don’t hear any other comments before then, it would seem that going from the inside is my next best choice. Thanks for the words of confidence!

I also suggest you check the DIY section of this forum for other ideas.
Don't hurry either, I would hate to hear you ruined your fridge. When I first started, I used picnic taps coiled inside the fridge.

Back