4.4 cu fridge to fit two kegs

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

JohnSand

Staff member
Mod
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
It looks pretty standard, I use a similar Danby. I had to remove the door shelves, and cut some of the plastic off the door too. It's a little tight to squeeze two kegs inside. Some people shave the sides too (inside). I just force them in. I've also trimmed some of the rubber off the kegs themselves. Mine are ball lock, I understand that pin locks are different. My gas bottle is outside, I drilled though the hump for the lines. Good luck, keep us posted.

Gordon Yee

Gord67
Reaction score
I got that EXACT FRIDGE and am in the process of modifying it. I've been able to chisel out enough space for both kegs, but I am out of my depth in finding the lines on the top of the fridge... I'm really paranoid about drilling through the top, and the cornstarch/alcohol thing didn't seem to work. Any tips?

JohnSand

Staff member
Mod
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Gordon, welcome! I found the Danby diagrams online. If that fails, I think I would try carefully cutting the inside top liner to search for the lines. Or put the taps on the door. Good luck, keep us posted.

Gordon Yee

Gord67
Reaction score
Thanks! I put it aside for today and will probably only get to it on Tuesday evening. If I don’t hear any other comments before then, it would seem that going from the inside is my next best choice. Thanks for the words of confidence!

JohnSand

Staff member
Mod
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I also suggest you check the DIY section of this forum for other ideas.
Don't hurry either, I would hate to hear you ruined your fridge. When I first started, I used picnic taps coiled inside the fridge.