4/20

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An excerpt from the great philosopher, Joseph Edgar Foreman:

"I messed up my entire life because I got high (go go go)
I lost my kids and wife because I
Got high (say what say what say what?)
Now I'm sleepin' on the side walk and I know why (why man?)
(Yeah yeah)
'Cause I got high
Because I got high
Because I got high"

A cautionary tale.

Came back from two weeks on a Bahamas "Out Island". Took a half Z of ground bud down there, came back with half of it, nobody seemed to GAF.
Which is how it should be.
Coincidently, Comedy Central seems to be running all of the "Tegrity Farms Holiday Specials" South Park episodes end to end tonight...

They were giving swag away at the dispensary yesterday, my wife picked me up a new shirt and a koozie.
1650561572057.png

The disappointment of a lost opportunity there has been noted nationally :)
But...let's face it, it's New Jersey. I'd take 4/21 as a massive win over "never gonna happen".
Indeed, the fact that this legislation didn't somehow get utterly side-tracked by rampant corruption is a miracle...

Cheers!

The disappointment of a lost opportunity there has been noted nationally :)
But...let's face it, it's New Jersey. I'd take 4/21 as a massive win over "never gonna happen".
Indeed, the fact that this legislation didn't somehow get utterly side-tracked by rampant corruption is a miracle...

Cheers!
Oh, I'm sure there's some corruption in there despite the current green light. Of course it's the only legal recreational state that has a zero tolerance for personal grow and the prices are seemingly the highest in the country. I doubt the black market is in any jeopardy.

I cannot speak for other states, but I believe it was a year and a half after the vote for MA to open it's first store as well. Then it was pretty slow for others to open up.

Funny thing is I only went once or twice. With people here/VT/NH being able to grow their own, friends have just given me flower and now edibles. I am not a heavy user so they also give way more than I could ever use. Turns out being able to grow 5 plants per household is way too much for someone not looking to sell.

You do not get the consistency of going to a shop but you do get the thrill of gambling on a gummy. I have found 80% of the time I am going to experience what I expect within an hour give or take 5 minutes, a 15% chance nothing happens, and the elusive 5% that starts hits you over the head at 40 minutes.

Back