2018 Dark Lord Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't get a variant pour. A friend handed me his glass of chemtrailmix though. It was tasty.

I stood in line a lot, but I was able to get handjee, chemtrail, brotilla, cavaleiro, and hung drawn n quartered. I agree though, chemtrail was my favorite of all. I hope next year they figure something different out for variant pours. Releasing tap times was fine but the lines were an absolute disaster.

I stood in line a lot, but I was able to get handjee, chemtrail, brotilla, cavaleiro, and hung drawn n quartered. I agree though, chemtrail was my favorite of all. I hope next year they figure something different out for variant pours. Releasing tap times was fine but the lines were an absolute disaster.
I saw an early variant tap line, don't remember what variant, but there was a huge line of hundreds of people. It seemed like a few dozen got pours and then they announced that they ran out. I meant to try one later in the day, but forgot all about it after a bit.

Chemtrail ice cream was good. :)

How did you like brotilla, cavaleiro and HDQ?

I saw an early variant tap line, don't remember what variant, but there was a huge line of hundreds of people. It seemed like a few dozen got pours and then they announced that they ran out. I meant to try one later in the day, but forgot all about it after a bit.

Chemtrail ice cream was good. :)

How did you like brotilla, cavaleiro and HDQ?

Brotilla was super sweet but tasty. Didn't care of cavaleiro. Not too familiar with sherry though, it just wasn't for me. HDQ was excellent. I don't think the rye was too overpowering, but I can't say I remember a whole lot more about that one.

We waited until 7PM for the varients. There were no lines by then. I liked the Chemtrail.

However, downing a bunch of variants within a very short timespan is not recommended. :D

We waited until 7PM for the varients. There were no lines by then. I liked the Chemtrail.

However, downing a bunch of variants within a very short timespan is not recommended. :D
A few years ago we had a DL variant share with every variant from 2016. By the end I didn't want to even look at DL. I haven't had one since.

This is what we talked about doing, but left before then.
A few years ago we had a DL variant share with every variant from 2016. By the end I didn't want to even look at DL. I haven't had one since.
That's kinda like trying to drink a whole bottle of it yourself. It's great for the first few ounces but by the time you're down to the last few ounces, it's hard to drink. (DL is by no means unique in this respect, I wish more high-alcohol, BA beers came in smaller bottles. I was pretty let down when Bourbon County went to bigger bottles.)

I brewed a bunch of Bourbon County clones a few years back. I bottled in bombers. My friend bottled in 12oz bottles. Every time I opened one, I had to drink the entire thing myself. Next time I'll do 12oz. :D

I think an 8oz bottle would be perfect.

I brewed a bunch of Bourbon County clones a few years back. I bottled in bombers. My friend bottled in 12oz bottles. Every time I opened one, I had to drink the entire thing myself. Next time I'll do 12oz. :D

Yep, splitting a bomber 3-4 ways is usually about right. When i have big beers on tap 5-8oz. is right in the ballpark of my serving size.

This is what we talked about doing, but left before then.

That's kinda like trying to drink a whole bottle of it yourself. It's great for the first few ounces but by the time you're down to the last few ounces, it's hard to drink. (DL is by no means unique in this respect, I wish more high-alcohol, BA beers came in smaller bottles. I was pretty let down when Bourbon County went to bigger bottles.)

Funny you should mention that. I drank a bottle of '17 BCBS back in January. It was awesome at first, hard to finish by the end. I still have a few '12, '13 and'14 bottles left...much better size for a one person.

I have a BCBS clone aging now. After my experience trying to drink a whole 16 oz bottle of BCBS myself earlier this year I decided to bottle mine in 12 oz bottles.

Back