2015 Grains Need To Go! Recipe Advice Needed!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris7687

Reaction score
Hey guys,
So I have the following grains at my house and I am looking to convert them into something tasty! I have been having a tough time figuring out to incorporate the majority of them into one or two recipes, so I am reaching out for advice. I am pretty open to almost any recipe type and trying to utilize what I have without having to buy much additional grain.

Here is what I have:
8oz - Vienna
3lb 3oz - Carastan
2lb - Victory
12oz - C60
4lb 2 oz - White Wheat
Roughly 40 lbs 2 row and 20lbs Pale Malt

Let me know what you all can come up with!

Blonde, American Wheat, APA, Amber, IPA and probably other American styles are easy with these grains.

For an Amber:

9lbs 2-row
1lb Victory
12oz Carastan
12oz C60
8oz Vienna

If you wanted to do an APA recipe, just drop one of the caramel malts. If you want to do an IPA, just lower the caramel further and up the 2-row or add in some wheat.

Another simple but tasty recipe would be 80% pale ale malt, 10% victory, 10% C60, an excellent base for an American or British pale ale. Hop it at 60, 20, 10, and 5 minutes to achieve a BU:GU ratio of about 0.85.

Back