1332 yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walker111

Reaction score
Hi all
Brewed a double batch of amber ale 11 days ago. 2 fermonsters sitting in basement bedroom at 18-19 with space heater.
The 090 super yeast is done but but leave another week . My 1332 is sitting and has 1.5" of krausen and carmel colored foram still on top. Is this typical of 1332 as I never isd it before?
I know a hydrometer sample tells FG but curious. Still the odd bubble from line into the jar of starsan.
thanks

Until someone else comes along that's used that strain, I'll just say that it's not unusual to have a lot of foam stay on the surface sometimes.

At least once, I have had to rack from underneath the foam with one of my brews. But usually even the foamiest disappears before bottling day. At least for me.

You really do have to get SG readings to determine when you've made it to your FG. But patience, time, experience and a good guess works too. Though not as reliably.

I will take a sample on the weekend and let it ride another week. Thanks for reply.

Back