Quantcast

12 Beers of Christmas 2020 Edition

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

dawn_kiebawls

Lawncare and Landscaping enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, @TBC - hopefully my brewing skills are better than my reading abilities!

Hoppy2bmerry

My hop trellis brings the boys to the yard.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
eh, I think I get it. I'm a bit of a controller, always telling people what they should do. Maybe that's the result of raising a bunch of kids and running a biz.
Yeah, you even liked TBC’s post yesterday where he said he would PM everyone in 2weeks. Raising kids and running a biz makes you a leader. :)

dawn_kiebawls

Lawncare and Landscaping enthusiast
Reaction score
in the recipe for #11, are you supposed to add the full 8+ ounces of Vodka/Bourbon/spice tincture into the fermentor? Seems like quite a bit to me. Also, what's the purpose of the Vodka? I've never made a tincture so I'm a little confused by it. Sorry for asking what is probably a dumb question, I just want to make sure I'm even capable of this before I commit to the exchange and ask my wife if I can spend $200 on it...fortunately she likes Stouts lol

edit: wife says no..I'll be ready to roll for next years exchange though. Cheers!

Last edited:

yoop89

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Should be bottling this weekend or next. Label is getting some final touches and sent to the printers soon too! Looking forward to this exchange.

satph

Reaction score
@fourfarthing and I are going to ship and receive together. I had a gingerbread brown over the weekend and I am happy the spices are mellowing. Now I need to get the labels printed.

I brewed the Saffron Tripel last year for the East Coast last year and still have a case of it I can share with the expanded group.

Reaction score
I'm good with whatever the rest of the West Coasters decide. This is my first share, so I'll just sit in the corner and let the adults talk.

j1laskey

Reaction score
I just kegged the East Coast Gruit yesterday. I am going to let it naturally carb over the next 3-4 weeks.

At tasting yesterday, the spices had mellowed and blended well since last tasting. The addition of wild flower honey about 6 weeks ago into the secondary is a nice addition.

I will probably bottle and ship just before Thanksgiving. We will be taking our last trip to RVA for a while for the holiday. We are expecting tin boys anytime after Christmas.

jack13

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just kegged the East Coast Gruit yesterday. I am going to let it naturally carb over the next 3-4 weeks.

At tasting yesterday, the spices had mellowed and blended well since last tasting. The addition of wild flower honey about 6 weeks ago into the secondary is a nice addition.

I will probably bottle and ship just before Thanksgiving. We will be taking our last trip to RVA for a while for the holiday. We are expecting tin boys anytime after Christmas.
This will be my first gruit. Looking forward.

Yours is guaranteed to be the best I've ever had. I won't think it through any further than that.

OP
TBC

TBC

Well-Known Boozer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Okay here are the updated lists for active participants. It looks like 8 participants in the east group and 7 in the west group. I haven’t heard from a few in the east are who are MIA. If I hear from any of them I will add them back.

There are a few openings in both groups if anyone last minute stragglers are interested.

GROUP 1 (East Coast)

1) Caramel Quadruple @passedpawn
2) Spiced Cherry Dubbel @CaddyWampus
3) Spiced Dunkel Weizenbock
4) Juniper Rye Bock @jack13
5) Fruitcake Old Ale. @Hoppy2bmerry
6) Saffron Tripel
7) Christmas Gruit @j1laskey
8) Honey Ginger IPA
9) Crabapple Lambicky Ale @TBC
10) Gingerbread Ale @satph
11) Spiced Bourbon Stout
12) Abbey Weizen @fourfarthing

GROUP 2 (West Coast)

1) Caramel Quadruple @jerbrew
2) Spiced Cherry Dubbel
3) Spiced Dunkel Weizenbock @grampamark
4) Juniper Rye Bock
5) Fruitcake Old Ale @Yeroc
6) Saffron Tripel
7) Christmas Gruit @yoop89
8) Honey Ginger IPA @JAReeves
9) Crabapple Lambicky Ale @RPh_Guy
10) Gingerbread Ale @Ultryx
11) Spiced Bourbon Stout
12) Abbey Weizen

Last edited:

Yeroc

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Okay here are the updated lists for active participants. It looks like 8 participants in the east group and 7 in the west group. I haven’t heard from @Yeroc yet In the west and a few from the east are MIA. If I hear from any of them I will add them back.

There are a few openings in both groups if anyone last minute stragglers are interested.

West Coast
5) Fruitcake Old Ale
Sorry for the slow reply. I’m still in. Beer is bottled and awaiting labels.

OP
TBC

TBC

Well-Known Boozer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
When should we be shipping?
That is up to you. All participants should receive their packages before Christmas. I try to ship the week after Thanksgiving. You can ship earlier if you‘d like to avoid the Black Friday rush.

OP
TBC

TBC

Well-Known Boozer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
All participants should have received their groups addresses. If you haven’t received it let me know. Please double check your address to make sure I entered it correctly.