12 Beers of Christmas 2019 Edition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@TBC … If you are up to it, great. If not, I could jump into the roll. Is everyone happy with the twin coasts thing this year? I know the east coast group had fewer participants, but I felt like we got off cheap this year.

I can set it up and run it. That’s fine. I believe there will be enough interest to run a west coast and best coast list. What I think we should do this year is send a pm to the participating members say in March to make sure that they are still in and if not or no response we dump them and open it up to another member.

I believe one member signed up for the east coast in December last year and never visited the site again. It would be nice to have a full compliment one of these years.

I haven’t had a beer in quite a few days. I’ll grab one and fire up the laptop and create it now. I’ll post the new link in here also.

I'd have suggested wait until everyone ships and receives before launching a new thread in the event of issues related to that, but then again no one is going to not ship and sign up for the next year, lol.

I'd have suggested wait until everyone ships and receives before launching a new thread in the event of issues related to that, but then again no one is going to not ship and sign up for the next year, lol.

Yeah, that would take some serious cajones.

BTW I'm shipping the West Honey Ginger IPA tomorrow. They're packed up and sitting in my fermentation chamber at 70F. Was ready to ship a week ago but they just weren't quite carbed enough.

I had checked with UPS and they should be arriving to people about the 20th.

East Coast Gingerbread has arrived.

IMG_0425.JPG

@tochsner, well done!

My wife isn’t feeling well so we blew off an Xmas party, which gave me the opportunity to have a holiday beer.

First beer I received; first beer I’m drinking. Dry, crisp, and a little tart. Very enjoyable.

Are the tannins I perceive just from the cranberries or did you oak this too?

Adjustments.JPG

East coast Abby weizen is packed and will go out tomorrow or Wednesday. I’ll admit, I made this three times prior and I like this one the least. It was rushed because of my need to get it done prior to my sons birth. (Though life with a newborn has brought many rewards and a few challenges.)

For some reason it didn’t carb up well (maybe our house temperature), and the flavors seem muted to me. So I‘ve added a little surprise into each box to make up for it. Hope you all enjoy.

Cheers,

Mike

East coast Abby weizen is packed and will go out tomorrow or Wednesday. I’ll admit, I made this three times prior and I like this one the least. It was rushed because of my need to get it done prior to my sons birth. (Though life with a newborn has brought many rewards and a few challenges.)

For some reason it didn’t carb up well (maybe our house temperature), and the flavors seem muted to me. So I‘ve added a little surprise into each box to make up for it. Hope you all enjoy.

Cheers,

Mike

Congrats buddy. You can brew with youngins... as l Iong as your wife says so.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks for the update and congratulations on the new addition to the family!

Everyone should have received my beer by now :)

...which is kind of a miracle given how much sloshing you can hear from inside those boxes.

I thought the same thing when mine were packed. I nearly added some noise makers to them (tic-tacs, etc), but they all got there.

Congrats buddy. You can brew with youngins... as l Iong as your wife says so.

My wife went two weeks past her due date. The last week I was so stressed out, my wife told me to brew and relax. I made 4, yes four, five gallon batches of beer that week. Now I have a bunch of full kegs.

I know, terrible problem....

My wife went two weeks past her due date. The last week I was so stressed out, my wife told me to brew and relax. I made 4, yes four, five gallon batches of beer that week. Now I have a bunch of full kegs.

I know, terrible problem....

Congratulations. Did you make anything with the plan to age it until the kid can share it with you?

The west Abbey Weizen is packaged (with a HB Porter on top). Will ship when I get to the city on Friday. The options are much better there than out here in the wilderness.

View attachment 656580
Got mine today, one leaked in shipping but the other two are safe and sound. The bags held in any leaks.

Got mine today, one leaked in shipping but the other two are safe and sound. The bags held in any leaks.
Glad to hear they arrived. Sorry to hear about the leak.

One of the beers I received, don’t recall whose, had a bulged cap but didn’t leak. It’s been cold here until the last couple of days and the trucks aren’t heated. Could have frozen enough to cause a problem.

Glad to hear they arrived. Sorry to hear about the leak.

One of the beers I received, don’t recall whose, had a bulged cap but didn’t leak. It’s been cold here until the last couple of days and the trucks aren’t heated. Could have frozen enough to cause a problem.

Hmmmmmmmmm, wonder if that's me. I dunno though ... Mine are quite boozy.

Latest posts

Back