First keg filled.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatIrishPig

Reaction score
Filled my first keg tonight. Purged head space with co2 and set in garage until morning. Supposed to be 32 out tonight. I will put in shop fridge in morning and set pressure. Also I am harvesting my first batch of yeast.

20160125_212004.jpg

DUDE CONGRATS,
I remember when I did my first keg I looked at my wife and said " wow that's it?" haha. How long do you plan to condition for?

I plan on conditioning for 3-4 weeks. I said the same thing to my wife. Clean up was longer than kegging. As for the filter, yes all gravity fed. I use this set up attached to the faucet for my brew water also. The base unscrews and you change the filter. I have taste and sediment filters. This is the second time I have brewed with it and could tell the difference in taste. As far as this set up, it is a 5 micron sediment filter. I bought it at the local plumbing supply store where I have an account. I don't remember cost but it was not much. A few PEX plumbing fittings and some clamps and you are in business.

That's awesome, congrats. I was also amazed how much easier kegging is compared to bottling.

Pretty soon it will be, "I can fill bottles for another batch or buy another keg."

I don't know if the other 'keggers' here will agree, but imo, that first pull of draught beer was as exciting as popping the top off my first bottle of homebrew.

LOL I am just beginning brewing and kegging, but already looking for my second keg to keep the brew pot boiling! My BevAir kegerator is set up for dual kegs so no use in letting the second position sit idle....or worse yet....use it for commercial beer.

Back