Shaun of the Dead VS Tucker and Dale vs EVIL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BETTER Horror/Comedy MOVIE?

• SHAUN of the DEAD

• TUCKER and DALE versus EVIL

Results are only viewable after voting.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
Only vote if you've seen both.

If you haven't seen one or the other, do yourself a favor and go rent it.

I voted for SotD because it's one of those movies I can see over and over again. I've seen it about 5-7 times and TDvE only once. They are both good movies, but there's a clear winner here.

I now hate myself for choosing.....

IT'S LIKE CHOOSING ONE OF YOUR CHILDREN OVER ANOTHER!!!"!!WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN TEX? WHY????!

I can't choose and you can't make me. My first thought was SoTD, of course, it's a classic. And then I thought, but T & D vs. Evil is so good. So I stared at the choices for a few minutes while inner conflict raged and then I thought, "This is stupid. They can't make me choose." And life was once again good.

Shaun of the Dead, no contest.

While I appreciate the concept, Tucker and Dale was just too stupidly unrealistic to be enjoyable.

bierhaus15 said:

While I appreciate the concept, Tucker and Dale was just too stupidly unrealistic to be enjoyable.

While in Shaun of the dead however, they calmly react to the zompacolypse with dry British humor...

Shaun of the Dead, all the way. I found Tucker and Dale vs Evil rather boring. I fell asleep. Sorry to those of you who loved it.

Shaun of the Dead, all the way. I found Tucker and Dale vs Evil rather boring. I fell asleep. Sorry to those of you who loved it.

Maybe you were already asleep and watching a boring version in your dream?

:drunk:

DOES NOT COMPUTE.

NO supernatural, no preternatural, a few coincidences VS

Zed apocalypse where the dead rise and do humorous things amidst a fair number of coincidences.

While in Shaun of the dead however, they calmly react to the zompacolypse with dry British humor...

And kill zombies with vinyl! (You've got some red on you!)

does you have a freaking PULSE???????;)

Kidding. But you liked Sean of the dead, right?

Maybe you were already asleep and watching a boring version in your dream?

Or maybe he really digs the dry british wit so much (like me da') that he could actually like SOD without liking the genre.

ONLY explanation.

Blasphemy in this thread, I'm sure, but I never cared for SoTD. Just watched Tucker & Dale this weekend with the wife, and we both laughed constantly. So that gets my vote!

I went with TADVE but it was a tough choice.

They won due to having a really hot chick.

Man you aren't kidding. She is the girl you could fall in love with in 4.5 seconds.

TADVE was awesome. Sad to say I have not seen Shaun. I'll have to correct that and cast my ballot.

Godd on you, and yes, you will be glad you did.

American comedy trumps British comedy everytime....

Monty Python anyone??????????Hot Fuzz????

Blasphemy in this thread, I'm sure, but I never cared for SoTD. Just watched Tucker & Dale this weekend with the wife, and we both laughed constantly. So that gets my vote!

Equally Blasphemous my friend!!!!!!!

:mug:

SOD was my FAVORITE movie for 9 years or so!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!

"She's engaged"
"That was fast"

Tucker and Dale is a hair sillier, but no less ingenious!!!!

"Well Howdy doo Officer! Are We glad to see you!"

*shocked that we have a tie, I now feel that SOD should be winning....a reversal of my vote*

I would like to reiterate my position on not voting.

I demand to not be heard!

I would like to reiterate my position on not voting.

I demand to not be heard!
Um, not reading you then good buddy.......10-4.....over and out......

I guess I wanted to hear differing opinions.

I am amazed that people are not like you and I.

I casually mentioned that T and D was on par with SOD and got some passionate responses.

I would like to hear those that prefer one over the other, and why.

Back