What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drinking this

While tearing up this

Wow. Again sorry. Thats horrible.

Stressful day at work and drinking one for wes.

ForumRunner_20130924_191307.png

having a pull off the WTF blended keg. meh. but the other 2 carboys, I added oak chips to. one is starting a semi-decent pellicle and the other is gathering yeast on the chips like a mean bastard.

and wrong section, but my starter batch of kombucha has about 3 decent colonies and 2 smaller ones! I saw some strands hanging down off the largest one through the haze.

Drinking the last of a Blonde Ale I brewed a couple of months ago. It's over 7% ABV and it's harsh... Guess I could have aged it a bit, but it's a very cheap buzz... not a tasty one.... but cheap none-the-less.

I've got a 9+% Belgian Trippel that's over 2 months old. I bottled it last weekend and stowed it away. November is the target, but I suppose I HAVE to try one or two before then.

I'm a very impatient home brewer...

It's going to be a sad day when I run out of this, but I have to drink it while it's fresh so it's enjoyed at its peak. Can't let Justin's (from Beer Forum) efforts to get this for me go to waste by trying to hang on to it. I'll bite the bullet and drink this as quickly as possible. To Justin!

ab4934a7_cheers-smiley.jpeg

20130924_201800 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

ChefRex said:
That's really got to suck, glad mine are in the basement.
To look on the bright side it could have happened last week when you felt like s#it.

It definitely sucks, but crap happens. You're right, there's actually alot of ways this could've been worse. Sometimes my wife will put a load of laundry on and leave to run errands. I can't imagine the mess if the washing machine had been allowed to overflow for hours.

Another Wet, but I think I am going to dispense with the pics. Now that the sun's gone down there's not much I can do with the pics that I haven't already done.

More belgian stout with german yeast. The barrel has been scraped. Hope the beer I bottled yesterday carbs and cleans up after itself quickly or I'm gonna have to buy some SNPA.

:off:
It definitely sucks, but crap happens. You're right, there's actually alot of ways this could've been worse. Sometimes my wife will put a load of laundry on and leave to run errands. I can't imagine the mess if the washing machine had been allowed to overflow for hours.

I live in a trailer house many years ago that was quite run down & tore up. kinda got it for free, but that's a whole pot of angry. the heat tape was working fine when I moved in, but burned out that winter. I got up to make coffee before I showered. no water came from the faucet. I knew what it was instantly from growing up in a different crappy trailer. so I went to work in the steel yard with no shower or coffee. crawled under that POS & replaced all the heat tape after work. got up next morning, still no water. FLLOOOOOOC!!! turns out that thing that caught my foot when I was crawling back out was the cord to the heat tape I just installed. I had running water by the end of the second day.

It's going to be a sad day when I run out of this, but I have to drink it while it's fresh so it's enjoyed at its peak. Can't let Justin's (from Beer Forum) efforts to get this for me go to waste by trying to hang on to it. I'll bite the bullet and drink this as quickly as possible. To Justin!

ab4934a7_cheers-smiley.jpeg

20130924_201800 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

I'm jealous.... I'd almost quit my job, move to the twin cities area and work at McDonalds to be able to purchase Surly beer on a regular basis.

The RuinTen I had I thoroughly enjoyed, albeit after when it shoulda been consumed by. For $8 a 22 it should be fresher! SWMBO had a sip and made the funniest face of disgust haha. She hates IPAs

Boulevard bourbon barrel quad. .. and a healthy pour by swmbo.. better do it. Even in the hefe glass. :) :mug: it has an almost sour quad taste. Nice over bite. With the bitterness of a good stout in the after taste. Up front it has a very fruity nose mixed with a sweet bourbon flavor. The nose is nothing less than a traditional quad. But with fruity notes of a saison in the primary left out fir days

ForumRunner_20130924_203737.jpg

I'm jealous.... I'd almost quit my job, move to the twin cities area and work at McDonalds to be able to purchase Surly beer on a regular basis.

I gotta say I'm with you on that. Only thing stopping me is being in the military. Definitely going to visit one day get some fresh a$$ Surly.

Cappin' the night with my New Year's Barleywine. It's an ugly sumbitch so I'm not posting a pic.

I gotta say I'm with you on that. Only thing stopping me is being in the military. Definitely going to visit one day get some fresh a$$ Surly.

Cappin' the night with my New Year's Barleywine. It's an ugly sumbitch so I'm not posting a pic.

Nah, go to San Diego. You get the best collection of microbreweries any city has to offer, and you're in San Diego...which is not the Midwest (no offense to people in the Midwest).

Sculpin. $3 IPA night apparently. Sadly I just kicked the keg of sculpin.

App is acting up, so no pic

Having the left over from bottling my third attempt at this AG citra/chinook IPA. I think I finally got it this time. OG came in perfect at 1.060, the color is right and its not bad flat. Third times a charm I guess :D

2013-09-24 21.39.46.jpg

Back