What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This with some coconut cookies.

image-971799179.jpg

DisturbdChemist said:
Nice. Need to get more Sante fe. The black ipa it awesome.

Yall want to make me drink more lol

Nah, you're good. ;)
This Java Stout is my last one for the night. Gotta get to bed so I can wake up early, get my work done early, and get home to tear up the rest of my bedroom and start on the bathroom floor.

By the way, your glass is here. I'll pick it up from my parents' house and bring it to SS Oktoberfest for you.

Nah, you're good. ;)
This Java Stout is my last one for the night. Gotta get to bed so I can wake up early, get my work done early, and get home to tear up the rest of my bedroom and start on the bathroom floor.

By the way, your glass is here. I'll pick it up from my parents' house and bring it to SS Oktoberfest for you.

Awesome man. Ill bring yours too plus a few "samples" lol. Appreciate the glass. Cant wait till Saturday. Its going to be a long week and need a oktoberfest fun fest lol

Anyone ever complain about a beer that you bought after a "best by" date? For $8 a 22, I think it should be addressed since it was last month when it was best by. I drank it and enjoyed it, but nonetheless disappointed that it wasn't as fresh as it should have been. Am I wrong?

DisturbdChemist said:
Awesome man. Ill bring yours too plus a few "samples" lol. Appreciate the glass. Cant wait till Saturday. Its going to be a long week and need a oktoberfest fun fest lol

I know what you mean. I need some fun as well. I'm looking forward to it. And after I get the JK glass from you, I can finally drink the Weasel Rodeo. :D

SupervisingChildren said:
Anyone ever complain about a beer that you bought after a "best by" date? For $8 a 22, I think it should be addressed since it was last month when it was best by. I drank it and enjoyed it, but nonetheless disappointed that it wasn't as fresh as it should have been. Am I wrong?

You think that's bad. I bought a Clown Shoes Hoppy Feet, brought it home and drank it. There was zero hop flavor or aroma, ZERO! Looked at the label and realized there was a bottling date. It was a frikkin year old. Went back to the store I bought it from and the beer guy didn't understand why I was complaining. I'm very cautious when buying IPAs now. That's not the only time I've been burned.

SupervisingChildren said:
Best way to address that is shopping elsewhere &/or checking the date next time.

You think that's bad. I bought a Clown Shoes Hoppy Feet, brought it home and drank it. There was zero hop flavor or aroma, ZERO! Looked at the label and realized there was a bottling date. It was a frikkin year old. Went back to the store I bought it from and the beer guy didn't understand why I was complaining. I'm very cautious when buying IPAs now. That's not the only time I've been burned.

Im the same way. Im a little less cautious with local but been burnt too many time. I want to get lazy magnolia's timber best butnjust scared that it is old. Cant find a date on it. Once I do ill pick one up.

You need to try that weseal now lol. Im a little pissed that seems that JK is just going to release their special (not super special) aka sours at their brewery only. I think will hurt them and ill sadly stop buying them. Just need to keep brewing my sours at home lol. Next will be a sour stout in the line up.

DisturbdChemist said:
Im the same way. Im a little less cautious with local but been burnt too many time. I want to get lazy magnolia's timber best butnjust scared that it is old. Cant find a date on it. Once I do ill pick one up.

You need to try that weseal now lol. Im a little pissed that seems that JK is just going to release their special (not super special) aka sours at their brewery only. I think will hurt them and ill sadly stop buying them. Just need to keep brewing my sours at home lol. Next will be a sour stout in the line up.

I completely understand about JK. I can understand their standpoint, but it sucks for us who don't live in Austin and aren't going to make a special trip to every release they do. It would be different if that's how they always did it, but to change it up now hurts everyone outside of Austin. I'll continue to buy what I can find on the shelf that I haven't already had, but I'm not making the journey out to Austin every time they do a special release. I figured this would happen after the laws changed.

JTTX80 said:
Damned I love that stuff.

Good beer, isn't it! I love coffee and beer. Put the two together and you pretty much can't go wrong. If you've never had Surly Coffee Bender, trade for some. It's worth it if you love coffee beer.

BrewinHooligan said:
Crown Royal Maple. 3 fingers down, probably gonna toss another 3 down the gullet

I love that stuff. A shot of it really livens up a glass of homebrewed hard cider too.

Dave1096 said:
Nah, go to San Diego. You get the best collection of microbreweries any city has to offer, and you're in San Diego...which is not the Midwest (no offense to people in the Midwest).

Oh, you're definitely right about the Midwest. They don't know good beer if it smacked them in the groin. Took me a week to find a decent bottle shop in OKC! I mean, who has Love Child #3 on the shelf for six months? Ish. Anyway, I'll be happy to get back to PA this weekend. I did ding find this though!

Edit: I'll be back for the love child!

image-864862632.jpg

Ruinten, which almost tastes oaked, its such a beastly ipa. It's "a stage dive into a mosh pit of hops".

On the coff need a beer. Car is on fumes after stopping at 3 gas stations and all 3's credit cards were down and that included the ATM. Not a good way to start the day!

Totally agree. If there isn't a date printed on the label I will usually pass on an IPA.

caaawwwffeeeeee...right thread.

Next time drink some coffee before you post ... floccer! ;)

mcbaumannerb said:
Totally agree. If there isn't a date printed on the label I will usually pass on an IPA.

Next time drink some coffee before you post ... floccer! ;)

I now look for a date if its a regular release. If its a special release or seasonal and it's in season, I don't bother looking for a date.
The only one I can't seem to figure out is where the best by date is on Stone Enjoy By........
;)

NEW BEER FROM TALLGRASS Y'ALL!!!!! Zombie Monkie is a robust porter with 35 IBU's :D sounds good to me! I think they just made another IPA (India Porter Ale);) Cant wait to try these after work! They have been working on a porter since 2007 I guess and this is finally one they loved. The can even has extra grip for when you are fleeing from zombies. this is an Apocalypse ale apparently :mug:

2013-09-25 13.23.00.jpg

NEW BEER FROM TALLGRASS Y'ALL!!!!! Zombie Monkie is a robust porter with 35 IBU's :D sounds good to me! I think they just made another IPA (India Porter Ale);) Cant wait to try these after work! They have been working on a porter since 2007 I guess and this is finally one they loved. The can even has extra grip for when you are fleeing from zombies. this is an Apocalypse ale apparently :mug:

That's all well and good, but does it have a pop-able air hole so you can chug it faster? Or a vortex opening to spiral it down your gullet quicker? :D

Back