What's your occupation: Engineer or Non-Engineer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's your occupation

• Engineer

• Non-Engineer

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm not an engineer, I'm a "Fuels Craftsman" in the USAF.

Though if I were to go back to college and not do anything brew related, it'd be engineering of some sort. As much as I hate math, I'd do mechanical eng.

Bernie Brewer said:
Electrician here. So my hands have callouses.

I wish I were trained as an electrician. As an EE, I wish I would have worked for an electrical contractor in highschool and college. People are shocked to find out I don't know everything about household wiring. Of course, they don't really know what EEs do.

-Aaron

I'm a fisheries biologist, which i believe relates to engineering. I'm interested in processes and chemical/biological relationships. So many of these things are intertwined depending on your perspective. Any Southern Illinois University Grads on here?

16 years military(Special Ops). 1.5 years DeVry Electronic Engineering. Degree: Environmental Sciences. Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator II. Not an engineer, but not far from it.:mug:

I wish I were trained as an electrician. As an EE, I wish I would have worked for an electrical contractor in highschool and college. People are shocked to find out I don't know everything about household wiring. Of course, they don't really know what EEs do.

-Aaron

Just like as a mechanical engineer I get asked a lot to take a look at peoples cars. I have now started to refer to myself as a projects engineer :cross:

I am a Trading Operations Engineer...does that count :)

In my past life I was a Nuclear Engineer in the Navy, and did some Facility Engineering when I first got out.

Just like as a mechanical engineer I get asked a lot to take a look at peoples cars. I have now started to refer to myself as a projects engineer :cross:

As a Computer Engineer I fully understand!

No, I can't fix your lagging windows computer. Yes, I'm a computer engineer. What's that got to do with it?

As a Computer Engineer I fully understand!

No, I can't fix your lagging windows computer. Yes, I'm a computer engineer. What's that got to do with it?

Oh come now, surely you had enough blue screen of death time in Engineering school to be able to troubleshoot a windows box.

I chime in on this thread about a year ago as a Mechanical Engineer. Now I'm at OSU studying Fermentation Science. Diversity!

Currently unoccupied. Technically non-engineer, BA UCB Art Practice. I do have a patent, and two lathes, a cnc Bridgport 2-axis mill, tig welder, metal/composites shop...my grandpa was an engineer of sorts, B-17, B29, chief engineer Hubble Space Telescope, etc, so maybe some of it rubbed off over the years.

I am rather unskilled when it comes to making anything other than food and drink... Economist here.

I went to UGA, so we are not real fond of the tech school on north ave. in the ATL. I blame them for the road problems in GA (and most other problems that I can think of).

I've got a degree in Materials Science and Engineering. Currently working in a product development role, so yea, I'll call myself an engineer.

I'm a chemist doing science/engineering consulting. I work with almost all engineers and shutter that I may turn into one.

Funny, a lot of engineers think like you.
I'm a chemist and work with a bunch of engineers.
I like the ones who can listen after they ask a question. ;)

Back