What's your occupation: Engineer or Non-Engineer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's your occupation

• Engineer

• Non-Engineer

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm not an engineer but I work in the engineering department under the direct supervision of engineers.

Infectious disease laboratory scientist here ... it's all about the yeast. Only 1 of the 5 other homebrewers I hang with are engineers.

My "brewing collective" includes a PhD in math, an architect, a marine biologist, and me (a lowly middle manager who dabbles in ERP systems).

So yeah, we still have some serious nerd credentials.

Not an engineer here. Dont cook much either. AND to boot, I ****ing hate math!

But I love beer....

Currently work construction (or some strange form of it) while trying to break into the medical field (EMT certified)

I'm a Registered Nurse. When I was in school my Microbiology instructor took us to a brewpub as a fieldtrip. The hospital lab was booked.

I'm an assistant brewer and before that the only job(s) I ever had was cooking at various restaurants

Bachelor of Business Administration majoring in Marketing, and what you could call a minor in web development. I also have a passion for computers and IS/IT. I'm talking to my advisers about moving to a CIS or MIS for graduate school.

Another ME checking in.

BSME from Ole Miss '10 (I'm a youngin).

Also I cooked in multiple restaurants growing up and cooked at home since I was 8 or 9 years old.

Electrical Engineer Here.

I build Drilling Rigs for a living, so my knowledge of hydraulics and mechanics are in tuned with my electrical knowledge. I got into brewing because I like good beer and don't like paying for it. And being from Louisiana, I have a collection of propane burners and large Crawfish pots at my disposal. It is a good match.

Went to school for ME but never used it. I'm actually in operations role which is essentially process design, planning, execution etc.. Wish I went for Industrial Engineering now that I look back but everything worked out.

Little did I know that the operations experience was going to play out with brewing. Process is everything.

Seems to me engineering backgrounds and brewing = moth to a flame. It's irresistible.

Currently over 20yrs in the Air Force as an Aicraft Electrical/Mechnical Engineer. I also hold a BS in both Culinary Arts and Computer Science, with a MS in IT Management. I love the science behind brewing, hence, why I started in the first place.

Seems to me engineering backgrounds and brewing = moth to a flame. It's irresistible.

Ive noticed that too... not sure why that is, but since I started brewing all the engineers I work with want to help build stuff for the process/ help and learn how to brew.

My degree is in chemical engineering, but I don't do any engineering work these days. As I have progressed in my career I have basically become a high paid secretary.

Brewing is a fun way to put some of these old skills to use!

I have my B.S in BS. Working on my PHD in BS.....lol...
Thinking about going back for graphics design of some kind. Enjoy art and want to do somthing i find enjoyable. Wish i could be a brew-master! Anybody hiring?

I "work" for the government.

But back when I actually had to work for a living I was a pipe fitter. So basically I can make it work in spite of your plans.

I am a technician for Honda. Been doing it for 20 years now.

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

Back