What's your brew space/hangout spot look like?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't squeezing the grain bad?
Not so far to me, no. I put my grain bag in a SS colander on top of the BK/MT to drain. Then use the kettle lid to press the good stuff out. Then into the batch sparge @ 168F for 10 minutes. Repeat.
I agree with unionrdr... I haven't had any astringent or off flavors because I squeeze the bag. I think you'll find this has been discussed a few times in HBT, and I believe the general consensus is it doesn't hurt. then again, this is :off:. Sorry.

Here is a panorama of my small area. At least I have one to call my own. :)
12366038_10153149455141945_5399579493507213561_o.jpg

been working my ass off to get this room done out in my 100 year old shop. I started framing walls last sat. This is the stage im at as of last night. Thats framing, sheetrock, mud, texture, paint, plumbing, wood flooring, shelves, and brew stand in 8 days. Just need sink plumbing and some tile work to finish it up.

Link to more picks threwout the process, if anyone wants to see.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=563469

WP_20151213_18_35_47_Pro.jpg

WP_20151213_18_35_57_Pro.jpg

WP_20151213_18_36_13_Pro.jpg

WP_20151213_11_20_06_Pro.jpg

here is mine currently... moving in a few months, so this will be changing. All the bottles, carboys and misc stuff is on a shelf to the right of where that picture is taken

1122151757a by Noah Scott, on Flickr

been working my ass off to get this room done out in my 100 year old shop. I started framing walls last sat. This is the stage im at as of last night. Thats framing, sheetrock, mud, texture, paint, plumbing, wood flooring, shelves, and brew stand in 8 days. Just need sink plumbing and some tile work to finish it up.

Did you make the hood or buy it?

Edit - never mind, found it in your thread!!

These spaces all seem to be missing a comfy chair.

My brewspace is my patio with gear stored all over the place. I really should build some shelves so everything is in one place.

Speaking of comfy chairs, The wife looked at my latest progress in the man cave/brewery what with the new paint & wrap-around desk. Middle son loves it too. Anyway, she insists that I need a lamp & 2 comfy recliners in there! Even though she can't drink anymore, she still wants to come into the nice, comfy/quiet man cave to read while I do whatever I'm doing. So I'll be able to buy two recliners & a lamp/table combo of some sort. She also likes the idea of an larger HD monitor rigged to the computer for watching youtube, like Bonanza with my oldest son Fridays, besides Hulu or DVD's, etc. She even suggested a PS4! I do like the Mad Max game that just came out September 1st. So it seems I'll be allowed to finish the man cave/brewery the way I envisioned! BOOYAH! :ban::tank::ban:

Let me know when you're in Chicago next and I'd be happy to show you around.

What is needed to join the club? My girlfriend is trying to get exchange program in Chicago and I'm searching for job there for next year. I would like to join a homebrewing club! Thanks

that's nice, man! cozy lil spot. My man cave/brewery is always near critical mass, but I finally managed to clear it out more. It's only like 10' X 12'. Got new curtains & some old lace sheers that match the snowball bushes out front. Darn nosey neighbors this week have been annoying.

We just went under contract on a house that has the hard line in for a wet bar in the basement. Im super stoked to put my draft stuff in there and keep all my brewhouse stuff in a utility closet down the hall. The basement will house our peter vitalie pool table and it has a wood burning fireplace! I'll definitely post pics once we close on this place!
Everyone's brew spaces look awesome!

Finished a video today & uploaded about the history of the ol' man cave. This thread inspired me to put together a bunch of pics I've taken- & still have- in my lil space. The new camera does shoot some nice video & stereo sound files. At least I now have a video history of my spot...

Last edited by a moderator:
dpatrickv

Love those tap handles

How did you make them ?

S

My wife came home from work one day to find I'd taken over a small portion of the office for my brewing equipment. Thank God we have a small house (and that she loves me) so she can't really make me move it. The brewing happens in the kitchen, though.

20160110_152557.jpg

Pics of the man cave? Maybe I can get some ideas. Would like to do brew space/man cave together maybe a stationary rig with a hood.

That's what I went with. I don't spend enough time in the man cave or do as many brew days as I would like so combining them is a win-win :mug:

I keep the rest of my brew-stuff on a cart and just roll it out on brew days. Eventually, I would like to build in some sort of backsplash for the brewing area.

IMG_2578.jpg

IMG_2582.jpg

IMG_2583.jpg

That's what I went with. I don't spend enough time in the man cave or do as many brew days as I would like so combining them is a win-win :mug:

I keep the rest of my brew-stuff on a cart and just roll it out on brew days. Eventually, I would like to build in some sort of backsplash for the brewing area.

Meeting with my architect on Tuesday. Hopefully all the plans get approved by the county. Thanks for the pics. I like the setup, don't know if I can get mine quite as large but I should be close.

Not really a 'space'..Just mainly where all my 'stuff' is..I pull out what I need and go with it..Under the small kettle you just may be able to see my induction cooktop..Will be hopefully using that this coming weekend to do my 1st 5G brew! :D Hopefully..If I get motivated!LOL

my space.jpg

Wow, that's very tidy! Incidentally, what system are you operating? Very clean and impressive.

My wife came home from work one day to find I'd taken over a small portion of the office for my brewing equipment. Thank God we have a small house (and that she loves me) so she can't really make me move it. The brewing happens in the kitchen, though.

Completely off topic, but awesome to see a fellow Union fan on here!

Meeting with my architect on Tuesday. Hopefully all the plans get approved by the county. Thanks for the pics. I like the setup, don't know if I can get mine quite as large but I should be close.

If I was starting from scratch, I would do an L-shaped bar and factor in space for the keezer behind it. You don't really need all the empty space in the middle especially if you have an L-shaped bar with plenty of seats. Our bar was already in the house when we moved in. Looking forward to seeing what you decide on.

Back