• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

what to do ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeasty

Reaction score
got 5gal of bee cave porter in a corney keg that i cant sell here...can i trade it OR something ? is that against the rules too ? I hate to dump it down the drain.

got 5gal of bee cave porter in a corney keg that i cant sell here...can i trade it OR something ? is that against the rules too ? I hate to dump it down the drain.

It's not that trading beer is against the rules- selling homebrew is against the law. Laws vary from state to state, though- in some states you can give away a six pack of homebrew to one person, in other states, you can't give away homebrew, either. But in all states, selling it is illegal.

All you need are bottles and caps, a syphon hose and a bottle filler. Simply let the pressure out, syphon the beer into the bottles and cap (if you have a capper).

Viola! Now all you need to do is buy a bottle opener.

WW

i know you guys are trying to help but if i dont get a taker before sunday nite it gets dumped. no threat, just fact.

Well, what are you looking to trade. I'm not too far away and might be able to make a short trip up to Limerick.

i know you guys are trying to help but if i dont get a taker before sunday nite it gets dumped. no threat, just fact.

Alright calm down now. No brew needs to be hurt. Nobody wants that.
We may need a little more time than that.
Can we get a hostage negotiator in here?
What are your demands?

Alright calm down now. No brew needs to be hurt. Nobody wants that.
We may need a little more time than that.
Can we get a hostage negotiator in here?
What are your demands?

thats funny ! i may return to the hobby someday. i dont have the time, patience, or funds right now. sold all my equipment....this is all thats left.

i would even drive a short distance to deliver....hate to dump it. take only a single case of descent domestic or import beer in barter. the farthest north i usually go is Allentown, Pa. i also frequently get to Wilmington/Newark, DE. Ill be there thursday. I have Pics but cant post them here. Its a pin-lock corney and I have the connectors.

You betcha I'm not close (now...I am from Jersey originally though), but if I were I'd be there...I'm coming back to Jersey the week after next, but that's too late...out of my way too since I'm going close to NYC.

How about those guys from York (Warrior)/Lancaster/Hanover (flyangler)?

There's a few new guys from Philly too. They aren't that far away.

Data722 is in Delaware. I'm sure someone closer to you is going to kick themselves for not picking up...;)

Good luck. I hate seeing good brew get wasted. :mug:

I'm about 45 mins from Allentown.

I'd jump all over this, but the Pa Budget is still not passed, and my wife and I are on a spending freeze, since hours and salaries have been temp cut.....

Don't dump it!!!!!!!

I'm about 45 mins from Allentown.

I'd jump all over this, but the Pa Budget is still not passed, and my wife and I are on a spending freeze, since hours and salaries have been temp cut.....

Don't dump it!!!!!!!

im not just in a spending freeze. im in DEEP freeze. I'll hold onto it as long as there is interest. after that im just gonna move on.....

i made 18 batches and my last 4 were all grain. this was the final batch. never had an infection but did have a bunch of fusel alcohol burn on the first few before i got temps under control. there is no reason why this all grain porter would not be very drinkable. i figure the barter of a case of beer is worth the corney keg alone if the beer does not please. if someone actually comes to my home i will also give the HOPS plant i have growing now in a 5 gal bucket as well. its only about a 2 feet tall but it has a great start for next year !!!!

i keep forgetting to mention (i did the first time i actually tried to SELL the porter) the corney keg is mostly covered in bumper stickers but they are cool and dont look like crap....

http://s868.photobucket.com/albums/ab242/PASKS/?action=view&current=IMG_0717.jpg

http://s868.photobucket.com/albums/ab242/PASKS/?action=view&current=IMG_0716.jpg

Hey, it looks like there's activity in PA!!!! :ban:

How about So. Jersey? Anyone interested?

Hey, I was just in York 2 weeks ago (close enough for the drive). I don't know when I'll be getting back there again since I retire in less than 5 months, but if I had known then this deal would be history!

Any takers yet?

If you're not working on Friday, 25 Sep, I'm contemplating stopping by EARLY, EARLY morning (OK it might be 7-8 AM by time I get there) for a pick-up if no one closer is interested.

I will probably have some left overs (from what I bring with me) and we can get drunkers before I hit the road again...for my 12 hour drive...:drunk:

I feel like a bystander under a building with a jumper.
Some try to talk the jumper down.
Others yell, "Jump!"

If you do have to pour it, please take digi pics and post'em. :)

crap. i am off thursday but will be in NYC that night for the U2 concert. no way ill be back by 8am after that ! where will you be on thursday ? maybe we can make that work ? i dont mind driving a little ways...dont want to dump it.

homebrewer 99. I will hold for a few more weeks if you are sincere about coming out. this was brewed on July 4th and was in the primary for 5 weeks and been bulk aging in my basement for another 5. the hops plant will be OK until its starts getting cold out (no inside capability here)

homebrewer 99. I will hold for a few more weeks if you are sincere about coming out. this was brewed on July 4th and was in the primary for 5 weeks and been bulk aging in my basement for another 5. the hops plant will be OK until its starts getting cold out (no inside capability here)

It's only a couple of hours out of my way, but I could swing it. ;)

I could probalby visit with some of my cousins in Cherry Hill/Haddenfield on Friday...and come by on Sat.

Problem is I have been on the road every other week for the past 3 months and don't know what my schedule is for the following week until I get into work tomorrow, but it sounds like a deal to me. ;)

OK, I just went to Mapquest and the numbers tell me it's not a good idea...:eek:

Driving from home to VF then to Rockaway, NJ adds 4 hours driving time (due to routing) and 150 miles to my trip. Plus I'll have to pay the $20+ in toll for I-76 then to get into Jersey.

If I weren't going to work the following day I would, but even after 12+ hours of driving I'll need some rest and Mapquest says its 17 hours.

I am verifying software and technical manual instructions as well a teaching a couple of replacements so I will need my full resources on total full alert.

For this reason alone I'm going to have to pass on it this time.

If i was going to York there'd be no problem it's an afterwork trip. Sorry.

How about those Philly brewers?

Wow, what a shame. I was calculating how long it would take me to free up one of my cornies to rack it to. I figure I could've cleared space in about a month, but chances are I probably would've ended up giving most of it away.

Back