What should i do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FirstTimeBrewer09

Reaction score
So I made wine using grape juice and the og was 1.110, and it's been 5 weeks and it's now at 1.030. What should I do? Should I let it keep sitting or what? Please let me know.

What yeast did you use? What temp are you fermenting at? Did you use just red or red and white juice? These are important to know before we can supply answers.

So I made wine using grape juice and the og was 1.110, and it's been 5 weeks and it's now at 1.030. What should I do? Should I let it keep sitting or what? Please let me know.

Are you using a hydrometer or a refractometer? If the latter, are you correcting the original and final readings together, using a refractometer calculator (and not just a regular brix to sg converter)?

5 weeks at 22C should have finished off the active yeast. On occasion I have spun the carboy back and forth at the 3 or 4 week time to agitate the lees into a secondary movement but most dry wines are ready for 1st racking at 6 weeks.

Back