What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought ingredients for a chocolate stout I've done a few times, been delicious every time. Can't wait to enjoy one in front of a fire in a few weeks

Finally got a chance to add the glass sprayer, drip tray and 6 Intertap faucets to the keezer in the brewery.

edit: cant seem to get these to go upright. sorry, I really hate that

IMG_2349.jpg

IMG_2350.jpg

IMG_2352.jpg

IMG_2353.jpg

Last edited:
Oof, where to start!? Got the NB Last Straw for the black friday deal of $50, bought ingredients to do a red IIPA and a black IIPA. Received a new 5500w element from Bobby today so installed it and test fired. Also kegged a red IPA, and made a yeast starter for that black IIPA so I can brew it Sunday.

Now, it's time to drink a black IPA.

Oof, where to start!? Got the NB Last Straw for the black friday deal of $50, bought ingredients to do a red IIPA and a black IIPA. Received a new 5500w element from Bobby today so installed it and test fired. Also kegged a red IPA, and made a yeast starter for that black IIPA so I can brew it Sunday.

Now, it's time to drink a black IPA.

Oof, still buying from NB aye?

Kegged my Choc Milk Stout and just mashed in a Saison Noël to replace it in the fermenter

Washed 126 out of 400+ donated bottles... have friends who drink Fat Tire and they saved for me the last 3 months... at least they rinsed them so just dust and delabel mostly. Few spiders and fruit flies to soak out.

Cleaned out my chest freezer ferm chamber. Had some blowoff spillage I didn't clean before I left the last week. Very smelly and had some weird bugs in it. Gross but clean now.

The other day, I wanted to drink a couple sour beers, so made up a yeast starter to save the dregs. I'm up to 4 different wild beers represented in that starter, so far.

Normally when I haven't done much brew related, and I'm bored at work I post here "I worked today, that's what I did for beer today!"

Today I can't so much say I worked... But today I didn't get fired, that's what I did for beer. I didn't get fired.

BREW DAY: 6-8 hours of cleaning and dishwashing, with very occasional moments of beer-making.

Drank home brew and watched football while BBQing in the much needed rain.

bottled a dark mild that has coffee hints. right now it is thin and weak in the flavor dept but I hope it will improve in the next couple weeks:mug:

i

Got ALL my bottles washed and stored. Cleaned and organized ALL my brewing stuff and cleaned up my storage area. It pays to keep the spousal unit happy. ;)
And...
Bottled 5 gal of a Nelson Sauvin amber. I canNOT get over fruit aroma and flavor of these hops! I swear it tastes and smells like I put tropical fruit in there! I hope the hops don't fade too much during conditioning.

I am a keen home brewer and have done a large amount of bar work over the years. One publican would boost the alcohol content of his delivered beer by putting it on stillage, knocking in a spile, allow the excess gas to escape. He would then place the cask on its end, knock out the cork bung, add some sugar - usually a syrup or a brewers sugar then plunge his penis into the barrel. He had a yeast infection around his glans and the natural yeast would cause a third fermentation. Some of his beers would rise by as much as 2%abv. Sadly he was convicted in 2010 and is serving a 7 year term. Still.

A big fan of beers and especially of trying new tastes of beer. Yesterday I found a page http://www.ranking-piw.byscrap.com/ and I'm very excited. You can find here many types of most rated beers that are in Poland. I must admit that some of them even I didn't know.
Wish you the best :)

kicked on the kegerator so i can start chilling down the 10.5 % RIS ive been keg conditioning for 4 months. Hopefully when i tap it in 2 weeks ill only have to deal with 1 very yeasty pint.

Cleaned 3 kegs and filled with a mild and a 10g bock, cleaned 3 fermenters, disassembled taps and cleaned them, cleaned beer lines, cleaned co2 lines (some how had back flow in one the other day)

Back