What happened to The Great HBT Stogie Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! That was a enjoyable read while drinking a hb Saison. Who was the other home brewer that led you to the rabbit hole?

Thank you! I think his handle here is @keywestbrewing or something like that. He has been absent from the boards for a while, pretty sure he is too busy running a nano brewery lately

Met the guy who Sprouthog paid for his retirement. Creator of the LP Steve Saka. MDS nacatamales hidden in that pile. Good thing about this shop besides the selection and owners is a good bar just down the street.
940af11ad0dbee5390dfc85c0eb73ac0.jpg
0de9137cfe15a0809b6b43449d68b418.jpg
f8ab7582723b26e0545476c4ba15e261.jpg

Trying to blend like the pros today. Rolled cheroots of individual leaves and smoked them all together to get a feel for them in a blend. Pretty fun. The ligero at the bottom was not a good fit but the two leaves on the side are magic together.

View attachment 1503188514914.jpg

Maryland just had 80% here, about 50 office people watching here on campus till half broke off to walk to starbucks [emoji23]

It was 99.4% at my house. My outdoor lights turned on, it got cool and crickets started talking for a couple minutes.

Got to enjoy some AMAZING single malt last night with some friends! The cigar was a GREAT compliment to the scotch! I loves me some long ash! :)

Cheers
Jay

Aberlour1.jpg

Aberlour2.jpg

How are they? Strong? I have a few arriving shortly. View attachment 412066

That was the Double Wide. It was pretty good. Tried it right out of the wrapper. Interesting start to it. I'd say mild/strong on the first third. Kind of leather/cedar/caramel. Last two thirds push to stronger with the flavor of the second third starts to take on the aroma. Aroma and construction is really good. No pepper at all.

That was the Double Wide. It was pretty good. Tried it right out of the wrapper. Interesting start to it. I'd say mild/strong on the first third. Kind of leather/cedar/caramel. Last two thirds push to stronger with the flavor of the second third starts to take on the aroma. Aroma and construction is really good. No pepper at all.

Interesting. Robustos resting.

Interesting. Robustos resting.

Back